Best watch shop in Houston?

Thread: Best watch shop in Houston?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Best watch shop in Houston?

I saw coley's thread about Dallas ... How about H-town? Seems there are A LOT of watch dealers ... Can't spit without hitting a Rolex AD ...

I like Lewis Jewelers down in Clear Lake. They carry Rolex, GP, AP, ALS, Montblanc, Breitling, and some others. The new store is really nice and the people have always been friendly and helpful.

Zadok in the Galleria area is nice too with VC, JLC, UN, IWC, Breitling, FPJ, Montblanc, Chopard, TAG, Hublot, and others

Conversely, the other night was probably the last time I will go into Tourneau.

is there a shop that specializes in vintage watches?
    Last edited by ~tc~; December 28th, 2012 at 21:07.

Re: Best watch shop in Houston?

139 views and no other suggestions?

Looking for the same info here. Is there a specific brand you're looking for or just a general watch dealer?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Well, i think all the majors are covered by the above, but i definitely like unique pieces from smaller brands and always love looking at watches - where do you go?

Doxa has a store. & I can't remember the brand but one of its two of their storefronts in the world is on bay area blvd. The other in japan. Wish I could remember the brand. Real helpful I know.
    This is now a Veda thread.

You've listed most but I would add IW Marks, Donoho's, and Thomas Markle for new and sometimes used. There's quite a few watch shops throughout the Houston area that are easy to search but as far as vintage I would pencil in the NAWCC annual show in August at the Westchase Marriott.

The Bailey, Banks, and Biddle Town and Country location had a traveling trunk show last month with vintage watches but I had just bought Christmas watches and didn't need the temptation.

Tourneau is always an experience to say the least..

I had a good experience with Box & Box at Rice Village. They carry Ball and Oris watches. Also have pre-owned.

Quote Originally Posted by brrrdn View Post
    I had a good experience with Box & Box at Rice Village. They carry Ball and Oris watches. Also have pre-owned.
    Been there a number of times over the past 2 years. Tony talks a big game, but has never delivered. I can not recommend them.

The new Shannon Jewelry on FM1960 is where to go if you want to see a good selection of Ball watches.

I called Tony a few months ago to see if they had a specific Ball watch in their store which they didn't. He took all of my information and said he would call back which he didn't so not a great experience with them.

Shannon's is a little closer to home plus they get a few used watches from time to time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by everestx View Post

The Bailey, Banks, and Biddle Town and Country location had a traveling trunk show last month with vintage watches but I had just bought Christmas watches and didn't need the temptation.
    I gotta say, I went to the trunk show, but was not impressed with pricing. They were discounted maybe 3% off MSRP and would not budge from that price when I was ready to pull the trigger. Plus the fact they were used watches with no papers/original box. I'd rather buy used from a member on here. But that is just the trunk show aspect. Baily Bank and Biddle has really good service and great deals on their watches if you find one you like (They only have 1 case of watches, expanding slowly).

Zadok has wonderful service and are very reasonable with prices. We've bought mostly just jewelry there, but have been negotiating on the prices of their IWCs.

I guess you had a bad experience at Tourneau in the Galleria?
    Panerai - PAM 312
    Baume & Mercier - Capeland Chronograph M0A10000
    G-Shock GA110EH-8A Haze Limited Edition
    SeaGull - M222S

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information