Best watch under $2000 - Page 6
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Best watch under $2000

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: Best watch under $2000

If you like the Aqua Terra or Rolex Explorer, take a look at this new model Longines Conquest Classic. Great brand, nice movement (top grade 2892-A2) can be dressed up or down and should be around $1,600.

Ah. Just saw the date too. So for posterity, check out Longines!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Takemusu; July 2nd, 2013 at 02:31.
    "It's all in the reflexes..."
    -Jack Burton

Quote Originally Posted by MsEasty View Post
    I'm loving the watches from JS Watch Co at the moment. They are made in Iceland, so you won't see them on every wrist. The designs are gorgeous, the movements nicely decorated and the exchange rate at the moment makes them more affordable than they were a couple of months ago. Check them out - they sponsor this site so there's a link to their website at the top of the page. If I had $2K to spend on a watch and I was a man, that's where I'd be heading for sure.

had never heard of them but I like what I saw. thanks for the tip :)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Takemusu View Post
    If you like the Aqua Terra or Rolex Explorer, take a look at this new model Longines Conquest Classic. Great brand, nice movement (top grade 2892-A2) can be dressed up or down and should be around $1,600.

Ah. Just saw the date too. So for posterity, check out Longines!
    Great looking watch, they improved the fit and finish and put lume on the hands and markers, but they lowered the WR from 300m to 50m, which is a foolish move and took it out of the equation of a low cost alternative to the Rolex Explorer or the Aqua Terra.
    salduchi likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CombatMarine View Post
    Great looking watch, they improved the fit and finish and put lume on the hands and markers, but they lowered the WR from 300m to 50m, which is a foolish move and took it out of the equation of a low cost alternative to the Rolex Explorer or the Aqua Terra.
    Yep. I don't understand the WR lowering... This is really giving me pause and making me reconsider my own purchasing of this piece. What were they thinking? Heck, just by putting a threaded crown on it I would think they could get 100 m WR...
    -Jack Burton

To the OP from 2008,

The winning lotto numbers for October 28, 2008 can be found here: megamillions.com powerball.com

I don't think swiss manufacturers can compete with the Japanese, Germans, or Dutch when it comes to this price range.

In the <$2000 category nothing beats the quality/cost of a Seiko or a Grand Seiko for that matter, carrying a range of elegant and ultra durable models.
    Except maybe a Sinn if you're into that german indestructibility thing. Nomos, also a german brand, has some pretty nice offerings.
    If you're one of those creative types looking for a unique watch, you may opt for a ' bespoke ' custom watch made by independent dutch watch maker DMH | d.m.h. – dingemans mechanische horloges

Since you've won the lotto using the winning numbers website I've passed along, treat yourself to a watch commemorating the first time travelers: Merlin's Council
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Camarija; September 1st, 2013 at 22:46.

Rolex 16613/Seiko Sarb065

I love it how the prices and discounts seem different 5 years ago.. than now. A new Omega AT is USD 5.5k right now.

But yeah. rare bump to an old thread.

And I do like the shinyness of the Longines Conquest Classic above in post #51. What occurred to me: maybe they made it with low water resistance now, so that they could sell more of the "HydroConquest"<--isnt' there one?? That would make sense.. but I would detest the overpricing due to this marketing separation :(
    And anyway I think that Conquest Classic is not enough conservative/dressy with these modern-font numbers if they wanted to keep the model separate..

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousWatch View Post
    I love it how the prices and discounts seem different 5 years ago.. than now. A new Omega AT is USD 5.5k right now.

But yeah. rare bump to an old thread.

And I do like the shinyness of the Longines Conquest Classic above in post #51. What occurred to me: maybe they made it with low water resistance now, so that they could sell more of the "HydroConquest"<--isnt' there one?? That would make sense.. but I would detest the overpricing due to this marketing separation :(
    And anyway I think that Conquest Classic is not enough conservative/dressy with these modern-font numbers if they wanted to keep the model separate..
    I think the intended purpose in introducing this new model is to have a sporty yet still dressy moderately sized watch in their stable..that does not compete with the Conquest. At 300 m water resistance, the Conquest is clearly Longines' sporty (non-diver) water resistant model. Giving the Conquest Classic even a 100 m water resistance rating (which could easily be achieved with a threaded crown) would cause it to compete more openly with the Conquest, and I believe Longines does not want that. The decision to artificially limit the CC bothers me since I really like that watch as an alternative to the Explorer and Aqua Terra and think it could really compete there, but because of positioning decisions it cannot reach that potential. And the Conquest just does not do it for me--to big, insufficient design.
    -Jack Burton

First, i think you're nuts if you base your purchase decision on the strap/bracelet that the watch comes with. If your gonna spend 2k on a watch, at least have the wearwithall to spend a bit more for a nice replacement strap/bracelet, if it better suits the watch. Second, I think that if you want something unique, put in some time and research on your own -don't let others steer you toward what they would buy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread Information