Best Way To Buy From Jomashop?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Best Way To Buy From Jomashop?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Best Way To Buy From Jomashop?

I'm wanting to buy an Oris rectangular off of Jomashop, since I cannot for the life of me find the model I want used. I want to buy this one 582-7658-4034LS

I'm wondering when the best time to buy would be or how to buy? It seems like they're always running sales. Right now is the "fall sale" and so forth. Will it drop on black friday? Are there like coupon codes I can use to get more off? I'm only 17 years old and funds are tight, so I'm trying to save every penny I can on this purchase.
    Thanks

Banned

Re: Best Way To Buy From Jomashop?

By calling them up and haggling. They usually reduce.
    Ard likes this.

Not much help but code WLCM20, will save you $20........ on that $1500 watch. Best call up and haggle.
    Ard likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

When, well if you have an itch that can wait till the holidays, then I’d wait, a $20 coupon is peanuts.

I’m sure there will be much completion from retailers fighting for the cash in our pockets this holiday season. Kicking off this Black Friday, and if their running sales don’t meet expectations,
    then you might see heavier discounting the following Cyber Monday. Jomashop ran their holiday sales right through Christmas last year, but hot sellers got sold out first like most other places.

How to pay, I always use a credit card connected to my Paypal account, no need for multiple sellers to have my cc #, plus I maximize my buyer protection.
    Good luck & let’s see some pics after.

Dear OP:

First I would like to say that it is great to see a young watch collector starting to collect. $1500 is a lot of money regardless of age. My quick advice would be to look for a manufacture movement. Nomos glasshute is a great watch and you can find a watch in their house for that price. Even some Frederique Constants you could acquire used for that price.

I remember your age when I purchased these types of watches but overtime your taste will change and your acumen of watch collecting get more sophisticated. I will give you a very quick overview of things to consider in your method:

1. Historical
    2. Manufacture (in-house)
    3. Style

These are things you need to consider in your own order. Budget is always the factor and in that case, looking into an orient or seiko is great. The watch you posted has the ETA movement 2671. I would recommend looking into watches with this movement. You will learn quickly that the some eta movements are no more than $100. If you want to stay in the ETA family, that is no shame, however some ETA movements are better than others. Don't buy or avoid brand names. A little example: Lemania is a huge name for people who collect. If your smart, get a lemania movement which is still used in top end brands. You will have a great movement and great watch history. I am actually attempting to write a new guide to my thoughts in buying watches and posting on WUS. Sorry for not going into more info on my points.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestOris View Post
    I'm wanting to buy an Oris rectangular off of Jomashop, since I cannot for the life of me find the model I want used. I want to buy this one 582-7658-4034LS

I'm wondering when the best time to buy would be or how to buy? It seems like they're always running sales. Right now is the "fall sale" and so forth. Will it drop on black friday? Are there like coupon codes I can use to get more off? I'm only 17 years old and funds are tight, so I'm trying to save every penny I can on this purchase.
    Thanks

If it's a watch they have in stock ("available immediately"), you can usually haggle. If they have to source it ("usually ships in 1-2 weeks" or whatnot) then that's less likely to get you anywhere.

I find that Jomashop sales are generally perpetual. I've been eyeballing a watch that has been on sale for months for the same price while the "different" sales rotate through (Labor Day Sale, Columbus Day Sale, Fall Sale, etc). Generally, Jomashop prices drop more when they randomly get a pile of immediate inventory for cheap than because of seasonal sales. So, if you're not in a rush, just check the listing every morning to see if the price has changed. Also, don't forget to check their eBay page, which occasionally has different prices for the same watch.

Joma's sales prices are:

a) perpetual generally, similar to most gray market dealers, and
    b) occasional, specifically...like, deals of the day on *a* watch, or specific models with some extra discounts.

If you want to try waiting for Cyber Monday, I'd suggest finding the ones that you're interested in now, and track the prices. Don't expect large, across-the-board reductions, tho.

What has been peoples experience with "haggling" with Jomashop? What percentages are you getting off?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by name is Robert Paulson View Post
    What has been peoples experience with "haggling" with Jomashop? What percentages are you getting off?
    Not much but better.
    honestlygreedy likes this.

Ard

Please explain "haggle" do you mean make an offer? I want a watch they offer at 1555.00 but they say usually ships in one - two weeks, are you saying that if I call and tell the operator I have just 1450.00 burning a hole in my pocket they may accept that and send the watch?

Just wondering, good topic OP,

Ard

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information