Best World Time Watch for Under 2K?
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By pyiyha
  • 2 Post By riddlers
  • 2 Post By rfortson
  • 1 Post By DrGonzo
  • 1 Post By riddlers

Thread: Best World Time Watch for Under 2K?

Best World Time Watch for Under 2K?

I am looking to find the best world time watch you can recommend for under $2K. The size limitation is 40mm because of a relatively small wrist size. Automatic or Mechanical please. Thanks.

Re: Best World Time Watch for Under 2K?

This may be a good option although at 42mm.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-...n-2829602.html

How about Eterna Kontiki World Timer at 41.5mm.
    It's not easy to find but can be had for sub 2k...

Google pic.
    Name:  KonTiki-GMT-3.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  92.1 KB
    DarthVedder likes this.
    Cyryn de Luxe | Vostok Amphibia | Omega 176.007 | Zenith Prime | Seiko 66-8050 | Rolex Oysterquartz 17014 | Omega Constellation '95 | Hamilton Accumatic IV-B | IWC Mark XV | King Seiko 4402-8000

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the submissions, but I am really one of those who means what I said about 40mm being the maximum size.

It's a tall order. I know because I've been casually looking within the same parameters for a while. The only one I know of is a scarce older version of the Montblanc Star World Time ref 109285. (The newer ones are 42mm).

Attachment 7537258

There appears to be one on amazon for slightly under 2K. Good luck!
    Grand Seiko SBGJ003, Sinn T2B, Sinn 856, Oris Aquis Date, Hamilton Navy Pioneer, Montblanc Heritage Chronometrie, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100B, Precista PRS-18A, Oris ChronOris Date, Damasko DA 43, G-Shock GW-5000-1jf, Marathon Navigator

Dr. Gonzo,

I know it's a difficult find. Darn the luck. There is a Longines that fits the bill and now the Montblanc.

Sevenmack and DrGonzo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by riddlers View Post
    Thanks for the submissions, but I am really one of those who means what I said about 40mm being the maximum size.
    You're going to have a hard time with that. World time watches likely tend to be larger than 40mm because of the need to incorporate all the cities around the chapter ring or bezel. You may be better off with a GMT -- and even then, many of them are wider than 40 mm.
    Invicta 2875, Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 9000 Minute Repeater, 1965 Seiko Sportsmatic 5 Weekdater, 1940s Doxa with Small Seconds, Early 1950s Seiko (Still identifying movement), Bulova 96A110 Mechanical, Stuhrling Millenial Ravine Hand-Wind, Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 8651, Stuhrling Original Zeppelin Skeleton, Christopher Ward C5 Malvern, Stuhrling Original Tuskegee Flier, Stuhrling Original Executive II, Seiko Cocktail Time SARB065, Seiko Presage SARX015, Bulova Precisionist Wilton, Bulova Precisionist 98B224 Big Blue, Eterna KonTiki Date, Citizen World Perpetual A-T, Citizen Signature Grand Classic NB0040-07A Silver Ice, FitBit Charge 2

Well, I was going to recommend the Tissot Heritage Navigator but it's 43mm and wears large. Still, a cool watch.

Doubt this will float your boat, but I'll throw it out because it's smaller and cool, plus being vintage you can get it really cheaply. Seiko's world timer is a simple world timer that is still useful. The 24 hr hand is slave to the 12 hr hand, meaning it shows you the 24 hr representation of your local time, but the rotating inner bezel (from the crown) will allow you to find the time at 23 other time zones around the globe. Not sure of the size, but I'm betting 36-38mm. You can find these for well under $500.
    Attached Images Attached Images

brrrdn and DrGonzo like this.

Also I can't recommend the Casio Oceanus S100 (or S100B) enough if you are at all willing to consider quartz. It's a brilliant watch for a quarter of the OP's budget.
    rfortson likes this.
    Grand Seiko SBGJ003, Sinn T2B, Sinn 856, Oris Aquis Date, Hamilton Navy Pioneer, Montblanc Heritage Chronometrie, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100B, Precista PRS-18A, Oris ChronOris Date, Damasko DA 43, G-Shock GW-5000-1jf, Marathon Navigator

I like vintage watches quite a lot. If there is one available in good condition that's a great choice. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfortson View Post
    Well, I was going to recommend the Tissot Heritage Navigator but it's 43mm and wears large. Still, a cool watch.

Doubt this will float your boat, but I'll throw it out because it's smaller and cool, plus being vintage you can get it really cheaply. Seiko's world timer is a simple world timer that is still useful. The 24 hr hand is slave to the 12 hr hand, meaning it shows you the 24 hr representation of your local time, but the rotating inner bezel (from the crown) will allow you to find the time at 23 other time zones around the globe. Not sure of the size, but I'm betting 36-38mm. You can find these for well under $500.
    rfortson likes this.

Thread Information