Which is better?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Which is better?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which is better?

HI, I tried searching the forums and could not come to a conclusion. I just have one simple question: Which is a better watch if both are the same very low price(new)? Citizen At8010-58E or Movado 0606143. The Movado is 3 times the msrp of the Citizen but I am not sure in this instance that has any bearing. Thank you

Re: Which is better?

While I think the museum dial is a design classic, the only Movado offerings I personally would be interesting in paying the asking price for are their automatics with an ETA.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

That Movado lists for $1,695, The Citizen for $575. Either can be had for around $300. I already know the Movado has a nicer bracelet but that is all I know. If the Movado was automatic I would already have the answer. Being quartz I feel Seiko and Citizen are the masters. I agree no way the Movado is $1,695. at $300 I just don't know which is nicer. I don't mean looks or complications. just which is assembled better overall. I don't mean to sound like a jerk being a newb here. I just wanted a quartz watch for some reason other than a breitling. These looked promising for their give away prices. perhaps it boils down to the case. the 251.272 and h800 are too different. The Movado has a snap fit back for all of it's $1,695 list. Of course so could a Patek so I really have no clue which of these.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

var

Quote Originally Posted by horocomplicated View Post
    That Movado lists for $1,695, The Citizen for $575. Either can be had for around $300. I already know the Movado has a nicer bracelet but that is all I know. If the Movado was automatic I would already have the answer. Being quartz I feel Seiko and Citizen are the masters. I agree no way the Movado is $1,695. at $300 I just don't know which is nicer. I don't mean looks or complications. just which is assembled better overall. I don't mean to sound like a jerk being a newb here. I just wanted a quartz watch for some reason other than a breitling. These looked promising for their give away prices. perhaps it boils down to the case. the 251.272 and h800 are too different. The Movado has a snap fit back for all of it's $1,695 list. Of course so could a Patek so I really have no clue which of these.
    If I only had $300 dollars to spare and I'm in your situation, where I assume you're equally interested in both, I'd go with the bigger discount. Just because if I ever really wanted to buy one, paying for the full retail price would be a waste.
    Kain, inom, tulog.

Pics please...........and welcome to WUS!
    Regards Cam

Thanks for the welcome. I was not basing this on looks or function but rather build quality. I honestly cannot say why this matters to me in regard to these two. I usually just get what I like. I cannot use the enter key or attach images on this site for some reason. here are links to pics. http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/c...FaGPPAodSWMAQQ Movado 0606143 Men's Quartz Watch | Ashford.com

I much prefer the look of the Citizen. I can't comment on the build quality but I don't suppose either are likely to fall apart in the near future. And there's no point in having a rock-solid watch on your wrist that you don't like the aesthetics of - looks are important.
    440saw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I much prefer the look of the Citizen. I can't comment on the build quality but I don't suppose either are likely to fall apart in the near future. And there's no point in having a rock-solid watch on your wrist that you don't like the aesthetics of - looks are important.
    Me too, I prefer the look of the Citizen.
    440saw likes this.

+1 Citizen for the reasons above but also, although you have mentioned complications are not important to you, the Citizen is a world timer, has atomic timekeeping and is an EcoDrive on top of being a chrono. Not only is it a serious piece of technology, but it will be super accurate and it looks good too.

I think the Movado looks gawdy. I would go with the Citizen for sure. Putting fake stones on a watch is just wrong IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information