Bezel Lume Mod Project | Chase Durer Special Foreces UDT 1000XL | (Burn Notice Watch)
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bezel Lume Mod Project | Chase Durer Special Foreces UDT 1000XL | (Burn Notice Watch)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bezel Lume Mod Project | Chase Durer Special Foreces UDT 1000XL | (Burn Notice Watch)

Hi All,

I'm in the process of repainting my bezel on my CD that I've had for about a year. I absolutely love the watch and it scares the daylights out of me to modify it, but I really want to see how it will look with the numbers on the bezel painted.

I have aqua-blue and standard green lumes to use, but any tips on which colour scheme I should use? My current plan is to do the first quarter (0-15s) in blue for the ticks, and the rest of the ticks green. Then I'm thinking of altering the directional triangles to be the opposite of the ticks (i.e. blue ticks = green directional triangle). I'm not sure what to do with the numbers though.

Any suggestions?

Stock watch photograph is below...I've repainted all bezel markings in flat white to give a nice reset to the whole face.

anothernewphone likes this.
    Ops Co-Ordinator, Private Consultant Firm

Chase-Durer Special Forces UDT 1000XL (2012) Rating 9.5/10
    Rolex Submariner Mens Steel Date (2007) (Sold) Rating 9/10
    Omega Seamaster Mens 300M Quartz Blue Dial (2002) (Sold) Rating 8/10

Inactive

Re: Bezel Lume Mod Project | Chase Durer Special Foreces UDT 1000XL | (Burn Notice Watch)

Cool, keep us posted.

Re: Bezel Lume Mod Project | Chase Durer Special Foreces UDT 1000XL | (Burn Notice Watch)

Here are a few shots of my work in-progress:

The workspace could be better-lit, but it's easier when I'm relying on being able to see where the lume needs more density:

Attachment 980077

I took off the bezel for doing the work, was a simple enough operation and easily accomplished with a machete and painter's tape. Did I say machete? I meant pocket-knife...

Attachment 980079

Unfortunately my first attempt didn't work very well. When I painted the bezel, the paint dried with some excess amount leaking beyond each tick and each number, but I was able to trim it with paint thinner quite easily. Unfortunately, the lume doesn't react quite as well to the paint thinner, so I'm going to reset and start from scratch. You can see my first attempt in detail below:

Attachment 980082

Regardless, I think you can see from the next picture that this project has potential! The bezel is still off but pictured to the right of the watch case itself. This is 2 minutes after a 10-second blast from the accessory light.

Attachment 980084

If you guys have any suggestions or additions, let me know! I'm going to be really happy once this project is finalized and moving on to my next project.
    WnS and jringo8769 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Alright so it looks like I'm almost finished, there's only one tick-mark I have to redo but the rest looks pretty good! I pasted a montage below (full light, work light, and no light). I'd appreciate hearing what you guys think and if you have any suggestions.

Attachment 985226

Wow. Fantastic job.

Sent via Tapatalk

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

Not only is this a cool watch and an awesome idea, but I love Burn Notice, too. I might want to pick up one of these for my gym trips.

Nice job on that! I like the color scheme you ended up using.

It's great job. But we can't see any other photos. Would you please fix the problem?
    Last edited by nc12; May 14th, 2013 at 21:52.

hey i cant see the pics!!

well it would be great to see pics and how easy was it to remove the bezel too?...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information