Biatec Watches - ETERNA MOVEMENTS
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Biatec Watches - ETERNA MOVEMENTS

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Biatec Watches - ETERNA MOVEMENTS

In this thread I would like to explain you why we decided to use exclusively an ETERNA movements in our Biatec Watches. There are several main reasons:

1, I don't know why but I have never been a big fan of Japanese movements like Seiko, Miyota or others. Though I know that some are really great without any doubt.
    2, I wanted to be a bit "different" from other watch manufacturers since they are mostly using ETA or Miyota movements in their watches.
    3, As we all know, long time ago the ETA has declared a supply restrictions of their movements outside the Swatch Group. Therefore I do not think it would be a smart to establish a new watch brand on the supplier who cannot quarantee secure supplies of watch movements now and also for the future.
    4, And last but not least is the fact that the Eterna offers briliant modular solution of its revolutionary Caliber 39xx.

Eterna engineers invented Caliber 39 family, from which over 88 different movement versions can be produced.

Base caliber 39 has a kind of "basic module" to which you can add various attachment modules and modify it respectively enriched it with the new features/complications.

Basic modul looks like this:

Name:  39xx-WS.jpg
Views: 601
Size:  142.0 KB

Just add the missing plate/module and you will get a standard hand wound movement.

Name:  3914M-WS.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  164.1 KB

Add another module instead and get an automatic movement.

Name:  3914A-WS-hellR__.jpg
Size:  648.5 KB
    Or add a chronograph module and you will get the beautiful chronograph movement.

Name:  3927A-schwarz-WS-ohneR.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  166.2 KB

As you can see, there are almost countless possibilities. 88 at the moment and new are coming. So I like that we can have one watchcase and to use a different movements inside without any big modifications.

Did you know? Eterna has a history of over 150 years and it is also responsible for giving rise to the ETA company!

I trust you will be in line with our decision to use Eterna movements for our watches. I will be glad if you will let me know your thoughts.

Peter Kozar | Biatec Watches
    Founder and General Manager
    www.biatecwatches.com

Re: Biatec Watches - ETERNA MOVEMENTS

Quote Originally Posted by BIATEC View Post
    In this thread I would like to explain you why we decided to use exclusively an ETERNA movements in our Biatec Watches. There are several main reasons:

1, I don't know why but I have never been a big fan of Japanese movements like Seiko, Miyota or others. Though I know that some are really great without any doubt.
    2, I wanted to be a bit "different" from other watch manufacturers since they are mostly using ETA or Miyota movements in their watches.
    3, As we all know, long time ago the ETA has declared a supply restrictions of their movements outside the Swatch Group. Therefore I do not think it would be a smart to establish a new watch brand on the supplier who cannot quarantee secure supplies of watch movements now and also for the future.
    4, And last but not least is the fact that the Eterna offers briliant modular solution of its revolutionary Caliber 39xx.

Eterna engineers invented Caliber 39 family, from which over 88 different movement versions can be produced.

Base caliber 39 has a kind of "basic module" to which you can add various attachment modules and modify it respectively enriched it with the new features/complications.

Basic modul looks like this:

Name:  39xx-WS.jpg
Size:  142.0 KB

Just add the missing plate/module and you will get a standard hand wound movement.

Name:  3914M-WS.jpg
Views: 598
Size:  164.1 KB

Add another module instead and get an automatic movement.

Name:  3914A-WS-hellR__.jpg
Size:  648.5 KB
    Or add a chronograph module and you will get the beautiful chronograph movement.

Name:  3927A-schwarz-WS-ohneR.jpg
Views: 604
Size:  166.2 KB

As you can see, there are almost countless possibilities. 88 at the moment and new are coming. So I like that we can have one watchcase and to use a different movements inside without any big modifications.

Did you know? Eterna has a history of over 150 years and it is also responsible for giving rise to the ETA company!

I trust you will be in line with our decision to use Eterna movements for our watches. I will be glad if you will let me know your thoughts.
    The movements look really good. Would like to see some high end quartz though (e.g. Breitling is quite successful with quartz).

What are your plans in terms of 'factory service' or warranty work. Are you employing or outsorcing to watchmakers? Or are you expecting punters will consult with local independent watchmakers?
    Last edited by Uhrentraeger; October 16th, 2016 at 18:30.

Excellent choice to use eterna. Hope to see some great divers and mil type stuff with no date dials. Just my opinion but dates ruin the symmetry of a nice dial unless placed offset.
    BIATEC likes this.
    2018 Blacklist Custom Unitas 6498 Conversion
    2014 Tag Heuer Aquaracer 300
    1977 Timex Milspec Custom ETA 2824 Conversion
    1969 Benrus US Military Issued
    1966 Timex 600 Skindiver
    1961 Belforte Sheppard AFB
    1961 Omega Seamaster

"Time spent waiting between the seconds is only conspiring to make me older" DV 2018
    "I don't always agree with everybody but when I do it's because I'm Right"
    DV 2011
    Dirtvictim The Watch Mechanic.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Uhrentraeger View Post
    The movements look really good. Would like to see some high end quartz though (e.g. Breitling is quite successful with quartz).What are your plans in terms of 'factory service' or warranty work. Are you employing or outsorcing to watchmakers? Or are you expecting punters will consult with local independent watchmakers?
    I have to say that we do not plan to use any quartz movements in the near future. We have our own watchmaker who can fix almost any watch movement including tourbillons. Of course, as the brand will grow up, we would like to build up an authorized service centers around the world.
    CM HUNTER likes this.

www.biatecwatches.com

Finally, after long time of waiting, I am thrilled to announce that we have received the first movements from Eterna and they look just great!

They were specially customized for our Biatec Corsair collection. Three spoke propeller design of the rotor pays tribute to the one of the most iconic and legendary US fighters - the F4U Corsair. Beside the rotor, the bridge has perelage decoration. Please let me know your opinion. I am all the ears!

Name:  Biatec-corsair-watch-movement-eterna-with-customized-propeller-rotor.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  261.5 KB

Inspiration:

Name:  Vought_F4U_Corsair_Bougainville_1945.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  107.4 KB

www.biatecwatches.com

As a student of aviation, I have admired the F4U for its unique design and aeronautical prowess. And now (as a watch geek), I am impressed with the design of this custom rotor and your nod to the Corsair. Beautiful!
    BIATEC and carlhaluss like this.

Looks great!
    BIATEC likes this.
    ​WATCHES OF ADMIRATION
    A. LANGE & SOHNE HENTSCHEL HAMBURG DAMASKO
    UTS MUNCHEN Glashuette ORIGINAL LEHMANN
    NOMOS GLASHUETTE MORITZ GROSSMANN BENZINGER
    temPtion
    D. DORNBLUETH & SOHNE JUNGHANS

WATCHES CURRENTLY OUT OF THE SAFE IN ROTATION
    DRESS:
    Glashuette Original Senator Observer, JLC MUT
    DIVERS:
    UTS 2000m, Seiko SKX009J
    PILOTS/MILITARY:
    Damasko DS30, Laco Paderborn, Archimede A Dial Flieger, Hamilton Field Khaki, Marathon General Purpose Mechanical,
    Citizen Avion Solar Chronograph
    SPORTS/RACING:
    Muhle 29er Big

24 watches & holding steady.

COZ

Awesome! May have to wear this watch upside - down.
    BIATEC likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CM HUNTER View Post
    Looks great!
    Looks good indeed.

Bremont will do a homage of Biatec watches.

It could happen.
    BIATEC, Horoticus and GUTuna like this.

Thank you guys! It has undergone lot of evolution to get this final result. In terms of design and also technical posibilities.
    Daemonultimate likes this.

www.biatecwatches.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information