Bill Yao MKII watches.....opinion?

Thread: Bill Yao MKII watches.....opinion?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JED

Question Bill Yao MKII watches.....opinion?

Hello Guys, thinking about ordering one of Mr Yao's pre-made MKII divers watches, any body got any feedback on them?
    Regards,

Justin, Bedford, UK.

stuffler,mike

Re: Bill Yao MKII watches.....opinion?

Here´s mine: Go for it.

Bill and me at Baselworld 2006 at the Schauer Come Together.

In my opinion, Bil is a great guy. It must be very difficult designing and bringing a watch to market like he does. The watches are very well made and designed. Service is exceptional. Sometimes it takes a while for him to get back to you on an email, but her must be very busy.
    I own a Quad 10 and a Blackwater. I have a Stingray on order. All will have the same serial number in their series. So far, the Blackwater is my usual daily wearer. The nice thing about his custom watches is that you can pick and choose dials, hands, date wheels, etc. as you like.
    Pictured below are my Quad 10 and the new Stingray mock up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't have any pics handy but I love my YAOrange faced modified Seiko!
    Greetings from that Island they call Long!

Hi -

After much dawdling and procrastination, I ordered two of his, based on his excellent reputation (reinforced by private discussions) and his deadline on Seiko work. I'm really, really looking forward to getting them (customized Blackwater MMT and customized Seiko 007, with the latter getting sword hands and a type I face, among other things...).

It did help that the dollar is so weak and that the cost involved was almost identical to some unexpected income in the US (I live in Germany). It made his watches, which for me are very solidly in the realm of tool watches, above and beyond their "hommage" character, very affordable and significantly less expensive than, for instance, a Sinn.

I will, of course, report on them when they arrive, in - I hope - around 1 month from now...

JohnF

PS: I normally collect vintages because I am the biggest skinflint probably on WUS: I never, ever want to pay retail when I can get it wholesale, and the vast majority of my watches are very pedestrian vintage watches from the 1950s. That I ordered not one but two Yaos should give you an idea of the reputation of the man.

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

I own 4 in all. A 007 Seiko with green plongeur hands that is very cool, an O&W piece with type 1 dial that is a few years old and two Blackwaters, one with type 1 dial and the other with mil-sub dial. I love his stuff, it is worth the wait. I particularly like the Blackwaters as the case is well made and very comfortable. The lume is outstanding on all his watches.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

This was a special project watch with the USN forum:

Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

Great value.....

and BY adjusts his ETA movements before they ship, so you get real accuracy. Plus he has filled a valuable niche in supplying quality aftermarket parts. I had a Seiko that he modded himself, and recently had Duarte of NEWW make up this 5517 homage with Yao hands and dial (saved me $12K and the possible heartbreak of getting one of the many fakes built on 5513s):

WX1

Hmmm, nice, nice jobs I see here.

I like the understated dial, "unbusy" from too many words/fonts other guilloche-nesses. I like.

I should e-mail, but, since I'm here , question if I may: if you don't want lume in your Bill Yao custom made watch, is that possible?

No lume? What would be the point of that?

He might have hands with no lume available, just ask. Be patient though, it takes him a while to get back to you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information