Bio or,who the heck is AzWatchBroker??????

Thread: Bio or,who the heck is AzWatchBroker??????

Bio or,who the heck is AzWatchBroker??????

Hello fellow WIS!
    My name is Lynn Slocum AKA AzWatchBroker.I am a Phoenix Arizona native and currently reside in Phoenix.
    Some may remember me from a few years back as an Invicta dealer but for those who dont heres a little info about me.

From a young age (kindergarden) Ive been a gearhead.I received my first watch,a manual wind Timex from my father as I entered 1st grade.I loved that watch and would frequently listen to it tick as I went to sleep at night.

Ive spent the most part of my life collecting,swapping,buying and selling watches,& building,riding and racing all types of motorcycles and associating myself with things mechanical.I have even owned my own retail watch business.

I enjoy various forums associated with timepieces as it allows me to feed my addiction of buying,selling and trading watches for enjoyment.It is no longer a business for me as I retired 8 years ago to become a stay at home dad to three lovely monsters.....errr,children.

Without going into great detail,four years ago I was diagnosed with a degenerative illness that almost destroyed my life,hence the absence from the WIS community.I now have to take daily medications and hope the illness doesnt progress any further.

So,as time and abillity allow I will be participating in various forums again,and return to buying,selling and trading watches as a hobby.Im very thankful that websites like WatchUSeek exist and look forward to interacting as much as I can.
    I will from time to time be listing a few watches in the sales forum as it fuels my addiction to things mechanical..
    Wallet (the wife) calls it an obsession

Feel free to ask questions if you like,my life is pretty much an open book.
    If youve purchased watch(es) from me in the past,thank you
    I hope I have made a positive impression with you and I hope you are still enjoying the products you purchased.
    I hope this short bio has given a glimpse of my WIS life.I look forward to interacting with you all.

Warmest regards,
    Lynn Slocum
    [email protected]

Re: Bio or,who the heck is AzWatchBroker??????

Hey Lynn, it's great to see you around here again. For those who aren't part of the fossil generation around here. Lynn was one of the Invicta Forum Mods. way back when I joined. Lots of water under the bridge since then.
    Hope your health is much improved.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Lynn,

From a relative newbie around here, and another Arizonian (or is it Arizonite), nice to meet you.
    Glad to hear that things have stabilized with your health.
    I look forward to learning from you.
    - Eric
    Last edited by Chronohound; September 8th, 2009 at 02:26.
    In the Box:

Vintage Patek Phillippe Vintage Concord Vintage Omega Vintage Movado Sub-Sea Kingmatic
    Rolex SS Submariner Date Omega SMP Bond Black Tag Heuer 2000 Series CE1120
    Ball Engineer Master II Classic BE Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon Titanium "Mad Cow"
    Ball Fireman Storm Chaser Pro Ball BMW Classic BK Ball Engineer III Legend
    Rado Ceramica Multifunction Rado Sintra Jubile' Movado Eliro Accutron VX200
    Bathys 100 Fathoms Oceanus 5 Motor OCW-600 Citizen Skyhawk Titanuim
    Dievas Divergraph Pro Blue Seiko Orange,Black"Monster" Purple "Night Monster"
    Orient Orange,Yellow,Blue,Black"Mako" Orient Power Reserve CEX0R001W
    Swiss Legend Atlantis 1000m Sector 200 Pulsar PF3 Series Chrono Fossil Chrono CH-2464
    Theorema "Monte Carlo" Skeleton Alpha Omega "Bond" Homage
    Casio G-Shock DW5600C Rare Japan V case back

....and still growing with a lot of Ball's

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

San Diegans frequently prefer the terms Zoner or Zonie, FWIW.

Lynn I look forward to the benefit of your experience and you must be alright if Ray is vouching for you. Health is a precarious thing and I pray yours improves, not only for the benefit of yourself and your family but for the WIS community around here.
    I know nothing except the fact of my own ignorance. Socrates

I'd like to get some of the old guys back here from the old Invicta forum. It was such a joy to be a part of, glad I had the opportunity. You know, that was when Invicta made decent watches at decent prices. I still have the wooden watch box Eyal gave to all the forum members. Glad to hear you're doing a bit better. Look forward to your future posts.
    -Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by watch-man7777 View Post
    I'd like to get some of the old guys back here from the old Invicta forum. It was such a joy to be a part of, glad I had the opportunity. You know, that was when Invicta made decent watches at decent prices. I still have the wooden watch box Eyal gave to all the forum members. Glad to hear you're doing a bit better. Look forward to your future posts.
    Last I checked Invicta was still using the torture test I did on one of their watches on their website.

Thread Information