WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

A bit of nostalgia - Fathers wedding watch

1K views 30 replies 30 participants last post by  EnderW 
#1 ·
Thought a few people here may enjoy seeing a few photos of my fathers wedding watch, a late 60s Navitimer, purchased from Peplow's of Worcester, which has recently emerged from nearly 3 decades in the loft.

It's never been serviced, so I dread to think what the internals look like, but the plan is to get it looked at by a credible restorer and hopefully get it back up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#10 ·
I don't think it is the original strap.

disassmble, clean, re-lubricate / reassemble with maybe a new crystal was my thinking.

hoping the movement isn't too worn.

Will update the thread then the work is done, but may be a while as need to research who I will use to do the work. Currently thinking Time Restoration who advertise on this forum.

#12 ·
Very cool.

#16 ·
This is a beautiful watch. I really love vintage breathings, despite not liking much of their current line-up. Congrats and enjoy the wear!

#24 ·
That's all kinds of awesome! The watch and box/papers look to be in great shape, and having the picture really completes it.

The only unfortunate thing is that your father didn't read the rules about wearing a chronograph in a dress situation. ;)

(I'm kidding. That watch looks seriously cool, and like 99.9% of the real world, I don't put much stock in those "rules". I wore a Citizen Eco-Drive ana-digi do-everything watch as my wedding watch.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.