Which Black Bay to keep?
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Which Black Bay to keep?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which Black Bay to keep?

Fairly recent pickups, a BB36 and a BB Chrono. Two watches I wanted to try out for a while, but I always felt like one of them would have to go. Alongside my Rolex Sub, that's 3 diver styled watches, black dial, and "Rolex" umbrella. Not enough diversity for my taste, especially in a very small collection.

Pros for both:
    - I like the styling and the way they look
    - Would serve as a nice changeup for whatever reason I don't want to wear my Sub.
    - Both seem well built and are accurate.

Pros for BB36:
    - It's been a while since I had a 36mm watch on my 6.5 inch wrist, and I forgot how well they can fit and comfortable. Probably a tad more comfortable on my wrist than even the Sub.
    - I think it dresses up better than my Sub and could serve as my go-to whenever I wear a suit (which is quite rare).
    - Due to size and overall style, could easily be a daily wearer if need be (though my Sub will continue in that role).

Pros for BB Chrono:
    - A chrono to go with simple 3-hander, might make a better 2 watch collection with Sub
    - Daytona-esqe styling elements (dream watch being Daytona)

Cons for BB36:
    - Maybe too well-suited for daily wear when I already have a daily wearer, so might eventually lose wrist time.
    - No date (not a huge deal since my Sub has date, but I do generally prefer a watch to have a date)

Cons for BB Chrono:
    - Thick (14.9mm). Definitely looks big on my 6.5 inch wrist. It's not as comfortable as the BB36 or Sub, but I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable. That being said, it would never be a daily wearer type watch for me.
    - The Daytona styling elements may make me continue to long for Daytona instead of enjoying it on its own merits.

Pic of my 3 current watches:

Name:  IMG_0480.JPG
Views: 74
Size:  1.80 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Which Black Bay to keep?

I would keep the BB36. Not really anything else like it in the category/ segment esp if your main concern is "diversity." The tudor brand is getting even more interesting now with mostly in house movements, cohesive branding with rolex, and I think what they're continuing to do better is use Tudor as a halo brand to the big R. In this case, I think that chrono is doing its job - making you wish it were a daytona.
    Dutchman88 and bbasch like this.

Keep the BB36. There’s plenty of other great chronos but not a lot of watches that fill the BB36 niche (besides the 36mm Explorer)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Psicodom likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I really do like this piece from TUDOR BB chrono, but it's so thick which is a bit of a let down. I own the Pelagos and that is thick enough for me . Shame

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Tsai View Post
    I would keep the BB36. Not really anything else like it in the category/ segment esp if your main concern is "diversity." The tudor brand is getting even more interesting now with mostly in house movements, cohesive branding with rolex, and I think what they're continuing to do better is use Tudor as a halo brand to the big R. In this case, I think that chrono is doing its job - making you wish it were a daytona.
    Could the same not be said of the BB36 and the Explorer I?
    Current Collection: Tudor Pelagos Blue, JLC Master Geographic, Seagull 1963

I love the Black Bay Chrono, but on a 6.5 inch wrist it seems like the 36 will be enjoyed more.

Well, I see plenty of diversity. We all see things differently! The Rolex, true dive watch, the chronograph, and the BB36 which is a very versatile watch much like the Explorer 1, only I think nicer. Since you asked, if I was you, I would keep all three if at all possible. Whatever you choose, though, will look forward to the pics. And sorry, I know that doesn't answer your question. I would keep the BB36.
    Cheers,
    Carl
    Those who possess a sense of entitlement are seldom satis​fied.

Keep the BB Chrono, one of the most simple yet tastefully done chrono. You already have a 3 hander so add some variety.

Oh man! Keep ‘em both.
    carlhaluss likes this.

Keep the 36

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information