Fairly recent pickups, a BB36 and a BB Chrono. Two watches I wanted to try out for a while, but I always felt like one of them would have to go. Alongside my Rolex Sub, that's 3 diver styled watches, black dial, and "Rolex" umbrella. Not enough diversity for my taste, especially in a very small collection.
Pros for both:
- I like the styling and the way they look
- Would serve as a nice changeup for whatever reason I don't want to wear my Sub.
- Both seem well built and are accurate.
Pros for BB36:
- It's been a while since I had a 36mm watch on my 6.5 inch wrist, and I forgot how well they can fit and comfortable. Probably a tad more comfortable on my wrist than even the Sub.
- I think it dresses up better than my Sub and could serve as my go-to whenever I wear a suit (which is quite rare).
- Due to size and overall style, could easily be a daily wearer if need be (though my Sub will continue in that role).
Pros for BB Chrono:
- A chrono to go with simple 3-hander, might make a better 2 watch collection with Sub
- Daytona-esqe styling elements (dream watch being Daytona)
Cons for BB36:
- Maybe too well-suited for daily wear when I already have a daily wearer, so might eventually lose wrist time.
- No date (not a huge deal since my Sub has date, but I do generally prefer a watch to have a date)
Cons for BB Chrono:
- Thick (14.9mm). Definitely looks big on my 6.5 inch wrist. It's not as comfortable as the BB36 or Sub, but I wouldn't say it's uncomfortable. That being said, it would never be a daily wearer type watch for me.
- The Daytona styling elements may make me continue to long for Daytona instead of enjoying it on its own merits.
Pic of my 3 current watches: