Black Friday Deals?

Thread: Black Friday Deals?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Black Friday Deals?

Anyone know of any good black friday watch deals coming up?

For those of you who aren't familiar with the term, its the day after thanksgiving where retailers mark certain things down to try and move product / kick off the holiday shopping season. There are incredible deals to be had, but honestly you couldn't pay me enough to stand in line at a Best Buy as saving $50 on a laptop isn't worth getting crushed by angry soccer moms.

HOWEVER, are there any watch dealers that plan to do a special sale for that day or weekend? Maybe some of the WUS sponsors? I sure could be pursuaded to finally pick up a Debaufre Ocean 1 if they had a special sale of some kind this weekend.

Re: Black Friday Deals?

I am a manager at Best Buy and people are nuts. It is not worth standing out in the cold for 24 hours to save even $100 - $300 dollars on a TV, or anything for that matter. But without a doubt I'll be at work at 3 a.m. on Friday and there will be a huge line of people.

Back to your question though, I am doubting there will be anything Friday, but Monday is known as "Cyber Monday" for retail. So who knows...

beshannon

Other than the Seiko outlet store sale, the day after Thanksgiving is all smoke and mirrors anway.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by beshannon View Post
    Other than the Seiko outlet store sale, the day after Thanksgiving is all smoke and mirrors anway.
    Is there really all that much at the Seiko outlet for sale anyways? I went to one a little while back, holding a 30% off coupon in hand, and left without buying anything. They had an orange monster and a couple of kinetic divers, but all were more expensive than I can find online; otherwise the whole stock consisted of their quartz and kinetic dress watches, and even then none were worth collecting.
    Current: Rolex Datejust; Omega Speedmaster Professional; Seiko Sumo; Casio GW-M5600; MkII Vantage; Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean

beshannon

Quote Originally Posted by johnchoe View Post
    Is there really all that much at the Seiko outlet for sale anyways? I went to one a little while back, holding a 30% off coupon in hand, and left without buying anything. They had an orange monster and a couple of kinetic divers, but all were more expensive than I can find online; otherwise the whole stock consisted of their quartz and kinetic dress watches, and even then none were worth collecting.
    I believe this depends on the particular store, I have found some nice things and got a Samurai several years ago for an incredible price along with a nice 3 slot watch box.

Here is one I just found

Black Friday at RightTime.com. Recover from Turkey Day festivities. Shop with us for the biggest shopping day of the year!!! Wake up extra early for extra savings. For online purchases made between 4am and 12pm MST on Friday November 27th, we will give you $100 toward the purchase of a new watch of $500 or more. Discount is taken off the retail price of the watch. Discount will be given at time of checkout. This offer cannot be combined with other offers or discounts
    http://www.righttime.com/rt/new.htm#wrist

I work in retail and the deals on black Friday, for my store, actually start tomorrow. I know that is not how it is everywhere, but I am sure some stores are pretty similar. Customers just believe that the only good sales are on Black Friday, because they don't do their homework. Heck, we had some ludicrous sales in October that I don't think we are matching this upcoming week. Oh Well, I can't wait to show up at 23:00 on Thursday to prep the store.

I'd stand in line all night only if they were selling .....immortality or something equivalent.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Black Friday is overrated. The worst thing is that since our economy has crumbled, theres more ignorant people out there camping to save 5 bucks extra on a friggin LCD TV.
    Current Rotation:
    Rolex DSSD
    Rolex SeaDweller 16600
    Rolex Submariner 16610 "LV"
    APROO Rubberclad black
    APROO bumblebee
    Hublot Ice Bang
    Hublot Tantalum Bang
    JLC Amvox 5

Garage:
    14 Maserati Ghibli SQ4
    15 Porsche 911 S
    16 Range Rover Sport

AVT

Actually, I picked up an Oris Classic (brand new with 2 year warranty) last year for 360 dollars brand new on black friday (retail is 1000). It depends on where you look, I guess. In fact, I still see it up for sale on this site every week, it's the one on the ostrich strap.
    Last edited by AVT; November 21st, 2009 at 11:22. Reason: left something out

Quote Originally Posted by AVT View Post
    Actually, I picked up an Oris Classic (brand new with 2 year warranty) last year for 360 dollars brand new on black friday (retail is 1000). It depends on where you look, I guess. In fact, I still see it up for sale on this site every week, it's the one on the ostrich strap.
    Well... What's the website?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information