BlackBraceletophobia (Open letter to Manufacturers)

Thread: BlackBraceletophobia (Open letter to Manufacturers)

Angry BlackBraceletophobia (Open letter to Manufacturers)

I have noticed that all too often, I will see a black watch (with a black case, dial is usually also black) that I like, only to discover that it is only available on black leather or worse, black rubber. HOWEVER, the same company will offer the same watch in Stainless Steel with a SS bracelet!

Why do companies do this?!?!?!

Let me tell you, there are many watches that I would have bought had they come with black bracelets. I also have had to go through the trouble of finding suitable black bracelet replacements where possible, on watches I really wanted.

So, manufacturers, if you're listening, PLEASE offer your black watches with black bracelets! We WILL pay the higher cost!

To the manufacturers who already do, Thanks! We know who you are.

If you agree, please post below so that manufacturers know that I'm not the only one. . . (or am I?).
    Last edited by TNT13; April 2nd, 2010 at 20:21. Reason: Clarification of Black Case,
    How to choose an HDTV (A step by step guide)

How to decipher Rolexspeak:
    Perpetual means Automatic; Datejust lets you adjust the date; A Superlative Chronometre is COSC certified; A Rolex President has an adjustable day and date

Re: BlackBraceletophobia (Open letter to Manufacturers)

Quote Originally Posted by TNT13 View Post
    I have noticed that all too often, I will see a black watch that I like, only to discover that it is only available on black leather or worse, black rubber. HOWEVER, the same company will offer the same watch in Stainless Steel with a SS bracelet!

Why do companies do this?!?!?!

Let me tell you, there are many watches that I would have bought had they come with black bracelets. I also have had to go through the trouble of finding suitable black bracelet replacements where possible, on watches I really wanted.

So, manufacturers, if you're listening, PLEASE offer your black watches with black bracelets! We WILL pay the higher cost!

To the manufacturers who already do, Thanks! We know who you are.

If you agree, please post below so that manufacturers know that I'm not the only one. . . (or am I?).

Sorry, but I don't!

I don't know if you mean watches with black faces or watches with black cases or watches with black cases and faces.

I only buy black watches, black-faced watches, that is, but I only buy watches with bracelets made of the same material as the case, eg stainless or titanium. And I won't buy watches with numbers instead of indicators.

I guess I can see that an all black watch ought to have a black bracelet, but I don't like leather and , here we do agree, I abominate rubber straps.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

I pass on that.
    However, some listen, some will not.

Tutima offers the Grand Classic Sports Watch Chorno completely in black btw.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by artec View Post
    Sorry, but I don't!

I don't know if you mean watches with black faces or watches with black cases or watches with black cases and faces.

I only buy black watches, black-faced watches, that is, but I only buy watches with bracelets made of the same material as the case, eg stainless or titanium. And I won't buy watches with numbers instead of indicators.

I guess I can see that an all black watch ought to have a black bracelet, but I don't like leather and , here we do agree, I abominate rubber straps.
    I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I was referring to the case. When a watch has a BLACK CASE, I feel a Black bracelet should at least be offered as an option, although watches with black cases often have black dials as well.
    Last edited by TNT13; April 2nd, 2010 at 20:22.
    How to choose an HDTV (A step by step guide)

How to decipher Rolexspeak:
    Perpetual means Automatic; Datejust lets you adjust the date; A Superlative Chronometre is COSC certified; A Rolex President has an adjustable day and date

It just shows that the bracelet and cases are sourced/manufactured from different suppliers such that they might not have matching finishes.
    Lots of dive watches.

Thread Information