BlanPain Air Command Fly Back yah or nay?

Thread: BlanPain Air Command Fly Back yah or nay?

YYZ

BlanPain Air Command Fly Back yah or nay?

Good evening. I have the opportunity to purchase a new old stock BlancPain Air Command Flyback in stainless with black dial for just shy of 5.5 us. Wondering if this would be a wise financial decision as I understand these BPs don't hold their value. I would also be selling my Baume and Mercier Riveria to further chip away at the cost. May or may not help but would be buying through a large retail establishment in the US and they offer an additional 3 year warranty. Could I get my money back out of this watch near this price if need be?
    Best
    Jon

Re: BlanPain Air Command Fly Back yah or nay?

Welcome,

Pics make you popular. Watches are a terrible investment generally speaking. Rolex and Patek hold value better than other brands. I'm no expert on Blancpain but I doubt you'd get close to you money back.

Here's a couple of Blancpain's on our sales forum:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ight=blancpain

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthr...ight=blancpain

Welcome~Why would any watch be a good investment? Buy it if you like it, especially at that pricepoint regardless of the brand and the extra three year warranty that comes with it, cheers!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

YYZ

Thank you for the replies folks. Perhaps investment was the wrong word. I wonder whether I could turn this watch around if need be without taking a bath on it. For example, I can buy a Gibson guitar new at the right price and after enjoying it for a period, I can sell it and get much of my money back. Sounds like Rolex and PF work kinda this way but not BP. I guess I shouldn't be spending this kind of cash on a watch but I know I'll never be able to buy a 9k watch. If I could turn around and sell the BP for a grand or so less than 5.5k, I guess I'd jump on it. Problem is (and also why I like the watch) it's kind of rare and can't compare it to anything on eBay. Sorry I don't have a pic but it's on the BP website listed under speciality watches. Again I'm looking at a black dialed version of the air command chrono.

IMO new watches are a terrible investment. If you buy used, a lot of the depreciation is taken by the original owner. By used at a good price and with any luck you can wear your watch for a few years and re-sell it for nearly- or at- what you paid. No, not a great investment. but you get to wear a nice watch. And it beats stock in GM.

Thread Information