Blue vs Black dials
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Blue vs Black dials

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Blue vs Black dials

I can’t decided between blue or black (on a bracelet) for my next purchase. I have two blues already and only one black dress watch. Looking for a dressy casual watch.

Which in your opinion are more versatile for everyday wear as well as with a dark grey and navy suit?

Re: Blue vs Black dials

My experience over the years black or white dials will go with any form of dress.

Quote Originally Posted by oztech View Post
    My experience over the years black or white dials will go with any form of dress.
    What he said. Like o lot of us, I've got a pile of black dials, so blue is attractive as an addition to the collection. However, black is the more classic and versatile.
    wolfpack1995 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Every man should have at least one stainless and black. It may sound boring, but trust me it looks great and its looks remain relevant for a long time.

Black is more versatile.
    Weetabix likes this.
    Cheers

M

Current collection: Glycine Combat 6 GL0106, Hamilton Khaki Mechanical H694190, Seiko Sarb 033, Citizen "Ray Mears" BN0118-55E , Casio Edifice EF-503D-1A, VSA Alliance, Citizen NY0040-09e, Seiko "Turtle" SBDY015, Lorus field watch RXF41AX7, Pulsar field watch PS9045, Seiko 5 SNXS77, SNXS73, Favre Leuba Vintage watch.
    Gone but not forgotten: Oris Big Crown Propilot, Seiko SKX009, Orient Star Classic, Citizen "Excalibur" BN0100-51E, Citizen NP4020-51A, Citizen BM8180-03E, Citizen BM6400-00e, VSA Officers day date
    Capture and release: Oris BC3, Hamilton Khaki Field, Timefactors Speedbird 3, Citizen World Timer CB0027-51E

I'm a blue dial guy, but in your circumstance I'd go black.

Blue is the new black. Blue dials have been around for a while but the number of brands offering blue dial models has increased. Why? Because men’s fashion has changed. Guys are more inclined to wear a dark blue suit these days than a black one. And blue denim is increasing worn with an open collar dress shirt in business casual work settings. Blue dials watches also look great on the wider range of strap colors now available because blue is a primary color. Bottom line, blue dials are more versatile today than black.
    deweyfong, CaliMex, Actium and 2 others like this.
    We may be lost but we're making good time.

If its a deep blue dial, especially if its metallic, then the blue has more personality. Think Monta Triumph blue. However if its a matte bluer blue like the Tudor Pelagos, then black dial for sure. It really depends on the shade and finish of the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Note View Post
    Blue is the new black. Blue dials have been around for a while but the number of brands offering blue dial models has increased. Why? Because men’s fashion has changed. Guys are more inclined to wear a dark blue suit these days than a black one. And blue denim is increasing worn with an open collar dress shirt in business casual work settings. Blue dials watches also look great on the wider range of strap colors now available because blue is a primary color. Bottom line, blue dials are more versatile today than black.
    Never considered the fact that as a primary color, it’s ability to match various straps is wider. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jon_huskisson likes this.

Since you already have two blue dial watches and one black dial watch in your collection, you may want to think about adding one more dial colour to your collection and that is a grey dial watch. And, they come in a variety of colours from medium steel, light silver, matte graphite to deep charcoal. Plus, they are quite versatile with everyday wear, as well as, with a dark grey or navy/blue suit.

- Just something for you to consider.
    Actium likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information