Boston area watch tools shop

Thread: Boston area watch tools shop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boston area watch tools shop

Does anyone know of a decent watch tools shop (e.g. bracelet sizing, strap changing tools) in the Boston area? Preferably accessible by subway or bus, as I don't have a car. Thanks.

stuffler,mike

Re: Boston area watch tools shop

Why not buying online ? Ofrei.com for example.

I was hoping to pick up something this weekend - I'll buy online if there's nothing local I can do. Thanks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I looked into this recently (because I'm a short drive from Boston, and I wanted to stroll wide-eyed and drooling through aisles and aisles of watch-stuff.) What I found was a whole lot of nada. There is a place in Stoneham MA (north of Boston) that claims to be a watch supplies store, but when you go there it's just a regular storefront. Sure there are a bunch of techs in the back working away, and if you ask for something specific they will see if they have one and sell it to you, but no shelves full of case-holders, racks of tweezers or cases of movements.

Called another store that advertises on the web and is based out in Springfield, (which for those new to MA is hell-and-back from Boston---pack a lunch) but <sigh> turns out he has no brick-and-mortar shop.

So harrchen, I'm afraid I couldn't turn up any joy for you or me in the Boston area. I am, however, heading out to San Fran in two weeks for business and plan to stop into Otto Frei's in Oakland. May even book an extra day for the pilgrimage.
    Cheers,
    Mike
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Currently:
    Hamilton Khaki Mechanical | Hamilton King Khaki | Zodiac SeaDragon
    Seiko "Pogue" Automatic 6139-6005 (1975) |Seiko Automatic Diver 7S26-0040 | Seiko Kinetic 5M42-0059

Grails: (Hey, if you're gonna dream, dream big...)
    Omega Planet Ocean (orange bezel) | Omega Speedy Pro Sapphire Sandwich
    Rolex Submariner LV Green Bezel
    Bell & Ross BR01-92 Limited Edition | Vacheron Constantin Patrimony

i have no idea whats where in America, but i have bought stuff from here
    http://www.bostonwatchexchange.com

Unfortunately, it's not a brick-and-mortar either.
    Cheers,
    Mike
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    Currently:
    Hamilton Khaki Mechanical | Hamilton King Khaki | Zodiac SeaDragon
    Seiko "Pogue" Automatic 6139-6005 (1975) |Seiko Automatic Diver 7S26-0040 | Seiko Kinetic 5M42-0059

Grails: (Hey, if you're gonna dream, dream big...)
    Omega Planet Ocean (orange bezel) | Omega Speedy Pro Sapphire Sandwich
    Rolex Submariner LV Green Bezel
    Bell & Ross BR01-92 Limited Edition | Vacheron Constantin Patrimony

There is an online place www.nationaljewelersupply.com based in Medford [online only]...but for a shop to visit go to Downtown Crossing and there are a couple in the high rise building with all of the jewelry stores in it... There is one shop in there with loads of tools.

UPDATED! Either 333 or 387 Washington Street in Downtown Crossing [the T drops you off right there]...it's a big building with I believe black and gold banners in the front of it. I went in and asked a couple of the jewelers there where the tool shop was and they told me which floor.
    Last edited by Craig M; September 15th, 2008 at 16:49.
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA
    The Escapement Watch Blog
    The Escapement on Twitter

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
    There is an online place www.nationaljewelersupply.com based in Medford [online only]...but for a shop to visit go to Downtown Crossing and there are a couple in the high rise building with all of the jewelry stores in it... There is one shop in there with loads of tools.

UPDATED! Either 333 or 387 Washington Street in Downtown Crossing [the T drops you off right there]...it's a big building with I believe black and gold banners in the front of it. I went in and asked a couple of the jewelers there where the tool shop was and they told me which floor.
    I asked the guys from nationaljewelrysupply.com, and they told me I could come by for a pickup order if I gave them advance notice. Not a bad idea. I'll also try the Downtown Crossing area.

333 Wash the jeweler's building should have something you're looking for.
    -Jarrod

Reviving this old thread to say that I found A. Cohen Company, a watch tools provider, in Suite 221 of 333 Washington St.

I can't vouch for them but will be in the area next month so I'll try to visit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information