Boston/New England GTG at the Omega Boutique in Natick, Massachusetts

View Poll Results: What date(s) work best with your schedule?

Voters
1. This poll is closed
  • Saturday, June 7th

0 0%
  • Saturday, June 14th

1 100.00%
  • Saturday, June 21st

0 0%
  • Saturday, June 28th

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Boston/New England GTG at the Omega Boutique in Natick, Massachusetts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Boston/New England GTG at the Omega Boutique in Natick, Massachusetts

Hello all!

This is posted on the Omega forum here at WUS but doesn't seem to be getting much traction. Thought I'd share it here.

I am attempting to plan a GTG for members from the New England area. I spoke with management from the Omega boutique at the Natick Mall this evening and they have agreed to host us. They are working on locking down a speaker, will have some special displays for us to view and will provide hors d'oeuvres and champaign. Attendees are encouraged to bring pieces from their collections that they would like to show off.

The plan is to hold the event one Saturday in June. Please vote in the poll (you can select more than one date) so I can get a sense of what date will work the best for the most people. After we determine a date I'll open an RSVP list. The guest list will be capped at 20, I'm confident we can hit that number.

Also, I'd just like to send a big "thank you" to forum member Shem for all of his assistance. Without his help and facilitating a call to the boutique from his contacts I wouldn't have known where to begin.

Re: Boston/New England GTG at the Omega Boutique in Natick, Massachusetts

We've had to move the event up to 4-6 pm. Is no one interested in attending?

bump

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

To those who have PM'd me and plan to attend, lets plan on meeting at Met Bar & Grill around 2pm. Event begins at 4pm.

Is the date definite now?

Quote Originally Posted by JefeJP View Post
    Is the date definite now?
    Yes, the 28th from 4-6pm is set in stone.

I think it's great that you're organizing another GTG, but I'll be out of state until about the end of the month and then will be working 7 days a week through early July.

Besides, my collection hasn't changed at all since the last GTG a few couple of months ago. Not even a new strap.

Hey All, here is an itinerary for the GTG along with some other info. Please send me a PM if you're interested in attending. We still have a few spots open.

Schedule:
    2pm-4pm: Group get together at Met Bar & Grill in the Natick Mall. Obviously this is optional, but if you want to get together early, have a drink, maybe grab some food and just talk watches with some great people come out early. You are encouraged to bring your collections to show off and share with other WUS members if you would like. Let me know if you are likely to attend this portion so I can make arrangements with Met Bar.

4pm-6pm: Event at the Omega boutique in the Natick Mall. Larry McGlynn, a SMP/NASA historian/collector will be on hand showing off some of his pieces. Two of Omega's technicians will be on hand to talk technical stuff if you would like and obviously they have a ton of great pieces on display. I also learned recently, if there is something you're interested in seeing and it's not on the floor just ask, you'd be amazed at what they keep in back. Also, it isn't confirmed yet but there is the possibility of some giveaways at the event.

6pm-on: We could grab drinks after the event for anyone who is interested. Barmakian (Omega, Tag and B&M AD) and Longs (Rolex AD) are both within a half mile so a group could visit those stores, time permitting (I'm not sure of their hours).

What I need from you:

1. If you have any allergies please let me know. Omega will be providing finger foods.

2. I need to know what you like to drink. Champagne and sparkling water will be there, but they can do craft beer, scotch, coffee, soda, etc. I just need to let them know what people like. Most votes is what I'll go with, choose one alcoholic and one nonalcoholic.

Final note(s):
    You're encouraged to bring your collections, especially interesting Omega pieces. Obviously not required, but it's always cool to see what other WUS members are packing!

Omega has said if the event goes well they would like to make this a quarterly or bi-annual thing.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. Let me know if you have any questions!

We have a few spots left. Anyone else interested in joining?

Still a few spots left. PM me if you're interested in joining us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information