Bought a $500 + quartz but It appears to run slow?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Bought a $500 + quartz but It appears to run slow?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bought a $500 + quartz but It appears to run slow?

I recently bought a new quartz watch, I'm not sure how long I've had it now, maybe 1 month, however I picked it up out of my drawer today to put it on for an event and noticed it was almost exactly 30 minutes slow. Now I know that I set it to the correct time upon purchasing it. I don't know what to make of this? Can this really be normal for a watch in this price range? This is the same watch that I posted about the second hand not lining up 100% on the tick marks however I was told that this is normal for a quartz in this price range, so I did not contact the manufacturer. I am a little disappointed because this is a limited edition watch that I really liked the design of. Beautiful case and lugs and just the right size for my wrist.
    Last edited by 7055; January 25th, 2015 at 00:26.

Re: Bought a $500 + quartz but It appears to run slow?

I dont know which watch do you have but i had a seiko sportura which the second hand didnt align with the markers most of the time and it kept perfect time always. Also does it have a low battery indicator? like the second hand moving every two seconds, maybe the battery is on its way out.
    Citizen Eco drive (CA4074-55A)
    Moscow classic night hunter (poljot 31681)
    Orient mako pepsi
    Casio ACL200 (25 years of service and counting)
    Some vintage manual wind orient i have yet to identify

"This is the same watch that I posted about the second hand not lining up 100% on the tick marks however I was told that this is normal for a quartz in this price range."

Umm, who told you this????
    Visionary

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
    I dont know which watch do you have but i had a seiko sportura which the second hand didnt align with the markers most of the time and it kept perfect time always. Also does it have a low battery indicator? like the second hand moving every two seconds, maybe the battery is on its way out.
    It does not have a low battery indicator. However I THINK that the watches were produced 2 years ago, as I was told and I was able to get one that for some reason they still had at the factory. So maybe the battery is 2 years old and it is dying?
    Last edited by 7055; January 25th, 2015 at 00:37.

Quote Originally Posted by johnr41a View Post
    "This is the same watch that I posted about the second hand not lining up 100% on the tick marks however I was told that this is normal for a quartz in this price range."

Umm, who told you this????
    The WUS members who had responded to my thread seemed to be of the general consensus that this was normal, with some disagreements.

Just saw in the other thread your watch is a shinola, so since they are a relatively small company they will surely have good customer service, to me the best bet is to contact them and send them the watch for a service if it was the last stock so you can get it just like it should be. No point in spending that much and not be happy about it.
    Orient mako pepsi

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.D. View Post
    Just saw in the other thread your watch is a shinola, so since they are a relatively small company they will surely have good customer service, to me the best bet is to contact them and send them the watch for a service if it was the last stock so you can get it just like it should be. No point in spending that much and not be happy about it.
    I will get in contact with them. What is the expected battery life on a watch like this?

I would think 2 years minimum.

I'd carefully set the time and keep an eye on it. See how it's doing every day. I don't think it should vary by more than 1-2 seconds per day. Losing 30 minutes in a month is really bad for a quartz. My quartz Gshock is 15-20 seconds fast per month.

Well they should tell you that because it depends on the watch movement and the battery, but being a non chono quartz it should be more than two years but thats just an opinion based on my previous quartz watches.
    Orient mako pepsi

foo

Quote Originally Posted by 7055 View Post
    I recently bought a new quartz watch, I'm not sure how long I've had it now, maybe 1 month, however I picked it up out of my drawer today to put it on for an event and noticed it was almost exactly 30 minutes slow. Now I know that I set it to the correct time upon purchasing it. I don't know what to make of this? Can this really be normal for a watch in this price range? This is the same watch that I posted about the second hand not lining up 100% on the tick marks however I was told that this is normal for a quartz in this price range, so I did not contact the manufacturer. I am a little disappointed because this is a limited edition watch that I really liked the design of. Beautiful case and lugs and just the right size for my wrist.
    Did you figure out the problem with your watch? I've got just the same problem.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information