Boy just became a man
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Boy just became a man

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    PFC

Boy just became a man

So a little bit of boasting but mostly a big thank you to watch fans alive on the internet...

After years of dreaming, months of research and weeks of waiting patiently, I am the proud owner of my first ever non-quartz watch, the beautiful Nomos Zurich Weltzeit. This 26 year old has taken another step towards becoming a man!

NOMOS Glashütte: Zürich Weltzeit

My choice of timepiece was very heavily influenced by all the good things I've read on WUS and other websites alike about the Weltzeit and about Nomos as a company. I have no doubt that I have made the perfect choice for my taste, lifestyle and budget. So thanks to each and every one of you who have had positive things to say about my latest love. I owe it to you all.

In case anyone is interested, the key factors influencing my decision as follows:
    - I didn't want a watch I was likely to see someone else wearing; I am now one of the first owners in the UK with the Weltzeit
    - I wanted a company with an interesting history; although a relatively young company, Nomos hails from Glashutte which is seeped in history. I've also grown extremely fond of the passion and craftsmanship which Nomos stands for, albeit with a cheeky attitude that I really like
    - GMT complication; the reason why this is important to me is that this watch will be a major purchase to forever remind me of my current time spent in London as I will eventually return to my home in Sydney in a few years, hence the GMT reference. I also have family all over the globe and am a frequent traveller so naturally would find use for this function from a practical perspective. The Weltzeit delivers so much more than I could have imagined. It has the "heimat" homeland indicator which I set to Sydney time, and then use the 24 time zone main hands to display my current location or that of family I wish to contact. And as a bonus liners many cities I have visited around the world!
    - In house manufacture; well never in my wildest imagination did I expect to own a handcrafted in-house movement timepiece within my budget, but the proof is on the wrist!
    - the strap; a bit of a novelty really, my preference was always for a bracelet simply for durability and to better suit my lifestyle, but i quickly realized that good watches look great on leather. The fact that Nomos uses Cordovan made me stupidly happy, As my group of high school friends are widely referred to as the Warhorses. Suitably my watch is using equine leather then...

Now to start dreaming about my Collection!

PFC

Re: Boy just became a man

Pictures, please!

cheers,
    Jake.
    Breitling Super Avenger
    Breitling SuperOcean
    Bremont MBII
    Bremont ALT1-P
    Casio G-Shock Aviator GW-3000B
    Omega Seamaster 2541.80
    Seiko Black Monster
    Seiko SKX007
    Suunto Core "All Black"
    Suunto Core Alpine Edition
    Suunto Vector
    Tissot Sea-Touch.

"When the weight of the paper equals the weight of the airplane, only then you can go flying."

Quote Originally Posted by Spit161 View Post
    Pictures, please!

cheers,
    Jake.
    That watch, more than almost any other here, demands pictures from its owner. You have 48 hours to meet this demand before I fly to London and ask you very nicely to do so.
    CitizenM, Ridly and KiwiWomble like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oooh, nice, let's see some pics!

Man, I'm dying over getting a Tangomat Datum...Nomos watches are definitely becoming a "thing" around here.

PFC

Quote Originally Posted by ljb187 View Post
    That watch, more than almost any other here, demands pictures from its owner. You have 48 hours to meet this demand before I fly to London and ask you very nicely to do so.
    Ljb187 - I'll try and get some pics loaded on Monday. It's hard to find sunshine hours in London at the moment!

OzO

Pics or it didn't happen
    Cheers,
    Mark

Insert clever and/or deep and meaningful philosophical quote here

PFC

Within 48 hours as requested! Apologies for the quality, its done with a shaky iPhone. Hope you enjoy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by PFC View Post
    Within 48 hours as requested! Apologies for the quality, its done with a shaky iPhone. Hope you enjoy.
    Epic watch, my second favorite Nomos. I just wish it had the blue hands and a date and it'd be a must have for me.

Does this have an independently adjustable hour hand?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Congrats. Where did you get it ? Wempe ? Mappin & Webb ?
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information