Bracelet problem?

Thread: Bracelet problem?

Bracelet problem?

Hi,

I have a problem with a new Bracelet that i have bought for my SKX007 Divers Watch, but being quite new to wearing Watches it maybe something i'm doing wrong!

Problem is the screw pins keep coming undone even when i screw them down quite tightly, i'm no engineer but i feel i dare not tighten them down any tighter through fear of stripping the threads, i know Stainless Steel is a hard Metal but with the small Diameter and fine thread of a Link Pin i would imagine it would strip the thread easy!

Was nearly tempted to use a thread lock product as the Watch has actually fallen off my wrist a couple of times, but in the House luckily, so before i do anything drastic i though i would ask you guys!

Cheers
    Matt...
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    Omega Seamaster Ceramic

Re: Bracelet problem?

I HATE screws in bracelets for exactly this reason. I know some people use a little locktight on their screws but make sure it's the least strong version they use. Is it the same screw that keeps coming out? It may be that the screw bar is stripped a little bit. When I swapped out the screw bar that seemed to do the trick for me but I was still terrified of the watch falling off.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I HATE screws in bracelets for exactly this reason. I know some people use a little locktight on their screws but make sure it's the least strong version they use. Is it the same screw that keeps coming out? It may be that the screw bar is stripped a little bit. When I swapped out the screw bar that seemed to do the trick for me but I was still terrified of the watch falling off.
    It's mainly the one attaching the curve ends, but one where i removed a link did work loose too, the Bracelet is new.
    Omega Seamaster Ceramic

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The main culprit Pin did seem a lot more easy to remove than the other curve end link pin, so i have blobbed a bit of thread lock on it to see if it holds!

Tempted to do the rest now lol.
    Omega Seamaster Ceramic

Calgary, Canada via Marin County, California

Use a tiny amount of Blue Loctite Threadlocker (242 I believe). It will lock the threads, but you will still be able to remove the screws if you need to. Red Loctite will lock the threads permanently, so make sure you use the Blue.

I don't mind screws, all of my Breitling's use them and I haven't had any loosen up. If you are worried about using Loctite, you can also use clear nail polish. If you need to remove the screws you can take a Q-tip dip it in alcohol and squeeze it into the screw hole. It will seep in and loosen up the nail polish. It worked very well with one watch of mine that had the same issue.

VIEW MY SALES FEEDBACK>>>>HERE

/¯¯l¯¯¯l¯¯[_\__\]
    l¯¯ l¯¯¯l¯¯¯L-_O|||||||O_
    ¯()_)¯¯¯¯¯¯()_)¯¯¯¯¯()_)

Thanks for the reply's... Used a drop of Blue thread lock so will wear it round the House for a few days and see how it goes, then if it drops off i cant lose it... Not sure i would trust it on my Harley though lol
    Omega Seamaster Ceramic

Thread Information