Brand new to the watch collecting
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JMSP1992

Thread: Brand new to the watch collecting

Brand new to the watch collecting

Hello,
    So I have just recently considered building a watch collection. For one reason, I live in Italy and travel to many Europe countries and others that arenít too far. Some of the countries I have already been to but still want a watch from there like Turkey or Ireland. So what I am asking if anyone knows of a watch site where you can search by where it is made? I donít mean sold there but made in china, I would like all the watches to say what country they are from on the back.Thank you for your help.

Re: Brand new to the watch collecting

Quote Originally Posted by thdugger View Post
    Hello,
    So I have just recently considered building a watch collection. For one reason, I live in Italy and travel to many Europe countries and others that arenít too far. Some of the countries I have already been to but still want a watch from there like Turkey or Ireland. So what I am asking if anyone knows of a watch site where you can search by where it is made? I donít mean sold there but made in china, I would like all the watches to say what country they are from on the back.Thank you for your help.
    I don't know of such a resource, but maybe each time you are going to a country and want to pick up a watch then post here and we'll try to help out. For Ireland I'm not aware of any other than McGonigle watches (not cheap!).
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by thdugger View Post
    So what I am asking if anyone knows of a watch site where you can search by where it is made? I donít mean sold there but made in china, I would like all the watches to say what country they are from on the back.
    Welcome to the forum!

I'm not aware of any site like that. Most watches today are a global product. Movement from Japan or Switzerland, case & hardware made in China, strap from Italy, Assembled in the Netherlands by a Swedish company, sold through a German online shop.. That's a made up example, but you get the idea.

Especially if you want to include the movement production, if it's not China, Japan, Switzerland or Russia, it gets very pricey. What price range are you looking at? However, if you don't include the movement, there are many small and micro brands from many countries that sell attractive watches designed and assembled in that country, even though the parts are Swiss or Asian. But unfortunately I'm not aware of any Irish or Turkish watch brands either..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome

Welcome and luck luck with your future watch quests!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Oh, an Irish watch. I'd love to hear about one of those. It might tell you the time, but you won't know if it's telling the truth!
    CastorTroy3 likes this.
    CURRENT COLLECTION:
    SEIKO SARB017
    SEIKO SARB035
    Casio G-Shock GW-5000-1JF

Thread Information