Brand new Zenith Ultra Thin...
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Brand new Zenith Ultra Thin...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Member omeglycine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,552

    Brand new Zenith Ultra Thin...

    Off to be polished by a Zenith Service Center after being scratched to hell on a strap change by Jared The Galleria. Took it to them because I didn't trust myself and they're close. Silly me. Somewhere between scratch and gouge would describe the mark on the front right lug. In their attempt to fix it they put some nice hairlines on the bezel. I had worn the watch for 15 minutes total.

    I'm not exactly sure how them sending it away to get more metal polished off makes us square. I'm not sure they deserve to be let off that easy, though I realize mistakes happen. Still, I'm out a watch for who knows how long. Good start to the weekend.

  2. #2
    Member Watchnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    881

    Re: Brand new Zenith Ultra Thin...

    Argghh! Horrible story! Really sorry to hear that. Let's hope it comes back looking pristine.

    Quote Originally Posted by omeglycine View Post
    Off to be polished by a Zenith Service Center after being scratched to hell on a strap change by Jared The Galleria. Took it to them because I didn't trust myself and they're close. Silly me. Somewhere between scratch and gouge would describe the mark on the front right lug. In their attempt to fix it they put some nice hairlines on the bezel. I had worn the watch for 15 minutes total.

    I'm not exactly sure how them sending it away to get more metal polished off makes us square. I'm not sure they deserve to be let off that easy, though I realize mistakes happen. Still, I'm out a watch for who knows how long. Good start to the weekend.

  3. #3
    Member omeglycine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,552
    Thank you for the kind wishes. I appreciate it.

    Now anyone know how to get the interior lights to turn off on a 2012 Durango, short of disconnecting the battery (which I've never done and am not about to mess with)? I'm thinking this isn't my night.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member wschofield3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: Brand new Zenith Ultra Thin...

    Think of it this way....the night has to get better from here on in! Sorry about the Zenith. You are a better man than I....I would not have been nice if that happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by omeglycine View Post
    Thank you for the kind wishes. I appreciate it.

    Now anyone know how to get the interior lights to turn off on a 2012 Durango, short of disconnecting the battery (which I've never done and am not about to mess with)? I'm thinking this isn't my night.


  6. #5
    Member omeglycine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,552
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    Think of it this way....the night has to get better from here on in! Sorry about the Zenith. You are a better man than I....I would not have been nice if that happened.
    I sure hope so!

    As for being the better man, I am not considering the matter with Jared closed yet. I'll speak with my friend and attorney tomorrow to see what, if any, consideration could/should be due (difference in market on bnib/lnib and a watch that's been polished, for example).

  7. #6
    Member mpalmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Middle of the Middle West
    Posts
    27,925

    Re: Brand new Zenith Ultra Thin...

    That's a shame. I hope you get it back looking nice. On the bright side, it will make the next scratch just a little more bearable...
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

  8. #7
    Member little big feather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,872

    Re: Brand new Zenith Ultra Thin...

    In some countries it"s legal to beat the defiler to within one inch of his worthless life.
    Have you thought about moving?
    I bought a cheap band at a Wal-Mart,the girl offered to put the band on....
    she did one side and asked about the watch, I told her it was fairly expensive, she stopped
    with one half on....She called her Manager...They talked, the Manager took the side attached back off
    and told me they would not put the band on because the watch was too valuable for them to do.
    I understood....Didn't buy the band....Too bad Jared didn't do that.
    hayday likes this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

  9. #8
    Inactive
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,649

    Re: Brand new Zenith Ultra Thin...

    Honestly these watches are thousands of dollars, there has to be a better solution than what's put on most of these watches. A strap should really be simple to change and nearly impossible to fail under normal wear and tear. The standard spring-bar and gouge your watch to replace it is ridiculous considering all the money these things cost.
    Likestheshiny and skorN83 like this.

  10. #9
    Member little big feather's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    10,872

    Re: Brand new Zenith Ultra Thin...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Dowling View Post
    Honestly these watches are thousands of dollars, there has to be a better solution than what's put on most of these watches. A strap should really be simple to change and nearly impossible to fail under normal wear and tear. The standard spring-bar and gouge your watch to replace it is ridiculous considering all the money these things cost.
    Hate to say it....Invicta has some neat and easy quick change ideas....Don't know how good they are.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

  11. #10
    Member hpark21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb
    Posts
    5,494

    Re: Brand new Zenith Ultra Thin...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Dowling View Post
    Honestly these watches are thousands of dollars, there has to be a better solution than what's put on most of these watches. A strap should really be simple to change and nearly impossible to fail under normal wear and tear. The standard spring-bar and gouge your watch to replace it is ridiculous considering all the money these things cost.
    I do like the new Panerai strap change system. 2 toothpicks and you are done without gauging anything. (they do include 2 metal pushers for the job, but if wooden toothpicks can do the job, why risk it?)

    IWC has bracelet re-sizing process which is very good as well, (same here, 2 toothpicks, I believe they got it from Cartier, maybe Panerai got the system from them as well)
    Chronic flipper...


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •