Brand question, can I get a little help...
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Brand question, can I get a little help...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hey Cats,

Found a watch today that peaked my interest at a Friends collectors shop, the brand is called Sarcar, please note I am aware of this brand's discussion here on WUS.

What I need to know is where does it stand in your opinion of the high end marques we are all aware of, names like Omega, Rolex, IWC, Patek, etc. etc.

My research tonight showed me all sorts of watch styles from this maker including some pretty amazing in class and beauty yet in some cases bloody gaudy and seriously ugly.

Need a little help on this one folks so always any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Peace,
    Preston
    Omega, Tissot, Panerai, G-Shock, Timex, Swiss Army watch fan

Re: Brand question, can I get a little help...

Sorry, but not even in the same stratosphere as the watches you want to compare to. Now, if you're idea of a good watch is one blinged out in diamonds with a Ronda Swiss Quartz movement, then clearly these would are for you. But, in the world of better quality watches, the case is what surrounds the movement and the movement is what makes the watch. This company seems, IMHO to have it backwards. These are all about bling. Pure and simple bling. There's like zero chance one of these would EVER be strapped to my wrist. Even if given to me for free, I'd sell it and get a good watch.
    Last edited by RBrylawski; January 9th, 2013 at 05:02.
    MZhammer likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    Sorry, but not even in the same stratosphere as the watches you want to compare to. Now, if you're idea of a good watch is one blinged out in diamonds with a Ronda Swiss Quartz movement, then clearly these would are for you. But, in the world of better quality watches, the case is what surrounds the movement and the movement is what makes the watch. This company seems, IMHO to have it backwards. These are all about bling. Pure and simple bling. There's like zero change one of these would EVER be strapped to my wrist. Even if given to me for free, I'd sell it and get a good watch.
    Don't tiptoe around the subject. Tell us what you really think.

I did a quick google search because I've never heard of the brand before. I looked at the first page of images and said "next". They don't look to be tastefully done in my opinion. When I see a horse on the dial I lose interest.
    Hamilton Khaki Aviation QNE, Hamilton Jazzmaster Power Reserve, Victorinox Airboss Mach 6, Victorinox Alliance Chrono, Victorinox Original
    Citizen Eco-Drive World Perpetual

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MWR1973 View Post
    Don't tiptoe around the subject. Tell us what you really think.

I did a quick google search because I've never heard of the brand before. I looked at the first page of images and said "next". They don't look to be tastefully done in my opinion. When I see a horse on the dial I lose interest.
    Too Direct????? LOL
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Thanks for your input. Thought I'd go up there for a comparison as a benchmark. Not at all interested in the bling scene myself and although I hold many of the high grade marques in high regard the brand I hold the highest regard for is Timex. So I guess maybe we can start from there and work up to the big dogs.

Thanks for your input.

Peace,
    Preston

You're kidding, right?
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

Well I can see where this is going, have at it folks.

Is there anybody out there that knows this brand from say its early days when they made classy watches?? "Knowledgeable" folks who can clearly understand my initial post please. Thanks.

Peace,
    Preston

Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    Well I can see where this is going, have at it folks.

Is there anybody out there that knows this brand from say its early days when they made classy watches?? "Knowledgeable" folks who can clearly understand my initial post please. Thanks.

Peace,
    Preston
    Does it matter what kind of storied history they might have had? Many highly respected watch brands were decimated by the Quartz crisis, only to be resurrected in a form that would have made the founders of the brand cringe. If this brand did have a more respectable period in their history, it has long left that in the dust, and the current incarnation of the brand trades in tasteless monstrosities.
    Last edited by mleok; January 9th, 2013 at 11:30.
    MZhammer and RBrylawski like this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

It does to me, not only do I appreciate the early timepieces they produced, the few I've found online but I also like to learn more about them, seeing this vintage piece and with the research learning of some of the very nice watches they once produced I would like to know more.

This place is about horology, is it not?

Peace,
    Preston

Haf

Quote Originally Posted by RBrylawski View Post
    Sorry, but not even in the same stratosphere as the watches you want to compare to. Now, if you're idea of a good watch is one blinged out in diamonds with a Ronda Swiss Quartz movement, then clearly these would are for you. But, in the world of better quality watches, the case is what surrounds the movement and the movement is what makes the watch. This company seems, IMHO to have it backwards. These are all about bling. Pure and simple bling. There's like zero chance one of these would EVER be strapped to my wrist. Even if given to me for free, I'd sell it and get a good watch.
    Don't jump to conclusions.
    At some point, vintage Sarcar watches used to be powered by great movements, respected by any WIS.

Here are a couple of photos of a lady Sarcar watch powered by a Blancpain (!) movement:

These are not my photos, I hotlinked them from one of my local forums. I'm no expert in Sarcar watches, but I don't think it is fair to completely dismiss this brand, even though some might argue that what they manufacture nowadays is all that matters.
    Last edited by Haf; January 9th, 2013 at 16:16.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information