Brand rankings

Thread: Brand rankings

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Brand rankings

How would you rank the following watch brands:

Longines, Baume & Mercier, Oris, Tag Heuer, Hamilton, Rado, Seiko, Swiss Army ?

Re: Brand rankings

on what basis? Bang for buck? Quality? Ubiquitousness? Resale? Initial cost? Most brand ratings are highly subjective.

For what it's worth, I would go
    Seiko (their high end stuff blows the rest of the brands out of the water...Credor Sonnerie? Yeah, it's awesome)
    Longiness
    B&M (only reason they're below Longiness is because I like the design of more Longiness watches than B&M...B&M quality is high from what I've heard)
    Tag but only their rare and exclusive watches...I generally don't care for much of their line-up. Though the watches I do like on a model against model basis, put them second after Seiko. Hmmm.
    Oris/Hamilton- I'd put these in a tie as the finish seems about equal to me, maybe with an edge to Oris, but the designs of the Jazzmaster series and it's price point elevate Hamilton for me.
    Swiss Army are next as a decent beater brand
    Rado are last because I can't see any situation in which I'd wear one.

Subjective enough for you?
    Chris
    Glashutte Original Panomaticluna XL, Doxa Sharkhunter GMT, Seiko Monster Mod, Dwatch, Longines Legend Diver, Hamilton Maestro, Vostok Expedition, Volmax Aviator Flying Tank, Vostok Lunokhod, Custom PAM Homage, Nixon Mahogany Rotolog, St Mortiz Storm Chronograph

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post

I would rank them alphabetically
    Alan.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was going to do a list but it would just be the order in which I like the brands. Nothing to do with how good they are (however that's defined).

Ok, to be more specific. How would you rank them in terms of your personal preference taking into account quality and style. For example, a lot of people here say Tag Heuer deserves a low ranking because its bracelets look and feel cheap, that their styles are more modern but they're mechanically inferior, etc. (not that I agree with this argument) Some say B&M>Longines, some say the reverse, some say they're equal since they use the same/similar movements, the only difference being style. What I'm asking for is your personal preference.

Most of these brands have little interest to me but of the ones that do, I'd say Seiko is number one. I would lean toward the Grand Seiko line of watches with Longines next. Rado and Swiss Army would be at the bottom with the others in the middle.
    Last edited by Michael Schott; April 12th, 2010 at 15:45.

OK:

Tag
    Longines
    B&M
    Oris
    Seiko
    Hamilton
    Rado
    Swiss Army (Victorinox?)

v76

Again, not too interested in any of the contemporary offerings except a few from Seiko, and even fewer from Oris (and perhaps some avant garde ones from Tag). Vintage Longines and Baume et Merciers ... yes please! My ranking of those brands are -

1. Seiko
    2. Tag Heuer
    3. Longines
    4. Baume et Mercier
    5. Oris
    6. Rado
    7. Hamilton
    8. Swiss Army
    Collection:
    A few of this and some of the other ...

"I worked my way up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post

I don't have an issue with this ranking.

Many guys here put TagHeuer down, but look at their line up, their timepieces are like nothing else in the market, most WIS don't like revolutionizing watches, they prefer tradition and timelessness, that's why Omega is so pop around here.

TagHeuer movement are like no others, they make original stuff, their in-house movements are unique and capable of achieving levels that no other chronographs can do.

So, go to an AD, hold the watches in your hands, and you'll see that TagHeuer is above all brands you listed.
    Last edited by wilfreb; April 12th, 2010 at 22:47.
    Rolex Daytona TT - Deepsea - Submariner Date ceramic - GMT Master TT ceramic - Submariner Blue Ceramic TT
    Omega Seamaster 2254 - Seamaster Pro Blue Ceramic - Planet Ocean 45.5mm cal 8500
    TagHeuer Aquaracer 300M - Aquaracer 500M - Link Bourne - Formula 1 44mm
    Oris Divers Date - Citizen Promaster Diver EcoDrive
    lots of Solar Casios

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information