Breaking up a dry spell with a ..... Casio??
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Breaking up a dry spell with a ..... Casio??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Breaking up a dry spell with a ..... Casio??

So, I've been a good boy and haven't bought a watch in 2015. As 2014 began the descent into WIS madness, I purchased 5 (or is that 6?) watches. I know, a big first year, and my wonderful wife was a very understanding woman. :)

Anyway, I was ordering something from Amazon and I needed a little to bump me up over the minimum for free shipping. I decided pop over to their watch section to see what I could find under $30 (I only needed $4 to get myself over the minimum, but I thought $30 would be more fun to play with). I didn't want to mess with any mechanical in that price range so I limited myself to Quartz. Casio kept coming up over and over again. I wanted a little something off my normal path, and I decided to pick up a retro Casio digital on a bracelet. Not sure how much wrist time it'll get down the line, but I'm looking forward to it arriving. Anyone else wear one of these? (Model number: AE1200WHD-1A)

Name:  Casio.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  42.9 KB
    Domo, happyjaya, Swans21 and 5 others like this.

Re: Breaking up a dry spell with a ..... Casio??

NICE CHOICE! I don't have one of those but there's something super satisfying about those Casios. The Databanks are really cool as well.
    pharminator likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    NICE CHOICE! I don't have one of those but there's something super satisfying about those Casios. The Databanks are really cool as well.
    Domo! Good to see you! I haven't been on the boards in months, and who's the first person to respond? Someone who will eventually lead me to a Snowflake!

I agree with you on Casios. I was deciding with whether to go with on of the uber-classics, but I liked the 40mm size of this one, as well as that analog window in the corner. I really wanted to get one of the databanks, but I set myself a hard $30 cap, so those were just outside. Not to say that I won't get one someday. :)
    ChiefWahoo and Domo like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Casio digitals are very trendy these days. And I mean that without sarcasm -- I see them all over the place. I've considered indulging myself. They're fun, well-built, and often have quite a nice bracelet (which makes them decent as a fashionable anti-fashion piece).
    Domo and pharminator like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pharminator View Post
    Domo! Good to see you! I haven't been on the boards in months, and who's the first person to respond? Someone who will eventually lead me to a Snowflake!

I agree with you on Casios. I was deciding with whether to go with on of the uber-classics, but I liked the 40mm size of this one, as well as that analog window in the corner. I really wanted to get one of the databanks, but I set myself a hard $30 cap, so those were just outside. Not to say that I won't get one someday. :)
    I'm tempted to get myself a "Prayer Compass" model

PRAYER COMPASS - Watches - CASIO

If you thought a Seiko Kinetic seconds-hand doubling up as pointing to the PR was cool, it's got nothing on Casio's seconds hand that doubles up as pointing towards Mecca.

Quote Originally Posted by Likestheshiny View Post
    Casio digitals are very trendy these days. And I mean that without sarcasm -- I see them all over the place. I've considered indulging myself. They're fun, well-built, and often have quite a nice bracelet (which makes them decent as a fashionable anti-fashion piece).
    I agree. Retro is really in now, which is why you would unashamedly wear a Casio databank and the like. You simply can't beat the price. I picked up this one for 27.80 CAD (~$22 USD). Considering the amount we've all spent on watches, this doesn't even budge the needle. Depending on how I find this, I may pick up a Casio Databank sometime.

Their retro style watches are certainly interesting. I picked up this A500WA world timer from Amazon last month. I'm enjoying the features and style.

Name:  p209753z.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  96.3 KB

The AE1200 is a pretty great travel watch. I bought one specifically for traveling in Western Europe last year and it worked out pretty well. Dual time, time in all modes, at least half as tough as a G-Shock, and no tears if it's lost or stolen.

There's an ae1200 thread on the digital watch subforum, nice watch!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I actually have the black/rubber version of this watch, and it actually gets quite a bit of wrist time: when I am just bumming around in jeans and a t-shirt (and a “nice” watch would look a bit ridiculous), to rock concerts, sporting events, hikes, etc.

Also, when I go on vacation, I only travel with two watches: a nicer watch and this particular one. I just got back from New Orleans and put this watch on when venturing out after dark and wandering the city on foot.
    Last edited by Springfield; April 4th, 2015 at 22:53.
    pharminator likes this.
    Rolex GMT-II Master BLNR
    IWC Portuguese Chronograph IW371446
    Omega Dark Side of the Moon Speedmaster
    Tag Heuer Monaco Chronograph
    Tag Heuer Silverstone Chronograph
    Seiko SARB065 Cocktail Time
    Citizen AT8010-58E Eco-Drive World Chronograph

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information