Breitling for first watch?
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Breitling for first watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Breitling for first watch?

Hey guys. I'm into watches lately and I've seen lot of them but never had and wore a good one (particularly it's my first one). I really like Breitling Superocean Chronograph m2000 for it's design and quality. I'm 17 and like Breitling,AP,Hublot style watches. Any suggestions (around 7000) and is it worth the money?
    Thanks!

Re: Breitling for first watch?

Breitlings are quality watches. It will definitely last until you are old enough to drink, and beyond.
    stratct likes this.

GREAT WATCH.....And if you don't drink it will last you for all your life!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks to everyone ;) Will get this october

I like Breitling, they make good watches and few are very popular and keep resonable price.
    If you can spend 7K and want only a Breitling then I would get the Navitimer, thats my favorite Breitling.
    If you are open minded on other companies then I would suggest looking for Omega Planet Ocean Chrono.
    For 7K I would personally go for Rolex Submariner.
    rics21 likes this.
    My collection

Rolex Submariner 16610 Caliber 3135
    Rolex Daytona 116520 Caliber 4130
    Omega Planet Ocean Chrono 2218.50.00 Caliber: Omega 3313

If you saved $7000 at 17 I commend you. Since you are just getting into watches though, I would slow it down. Start looking at more affordable options like a nice Seiko Sumo for $500 and see where that takes you. At your age tastes will change quickly. Is the Breitling a great watch? Heck yes! Like others have said you can buy a Navitimer or even a Transocean Chrono for that kind of dough when you are certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    If you saved $7000 at 17 I commend you. Since you are just getting into watches though, I would slow it down. Start looking at more affordable options like a nice Seiko Sumo for $500 and see where that takes you. At your age tastes will change quickly. Is the Breitling a great watch? Heck yes! Like others have said you can buy a Navitimer or even a Transocean Chrono for that kind of dough when you are certain.
    +1. There are SOOOO many options out there. You should spend a little more time here on WUS and see what's out there. At this price point, you have more options than you might realize. I would also wonder if there isn't a better use for 7 grand for a 17 year old though? Car/college/savings acct/etc...Maybe just get a few nice 500 dollar watches and see where it goes from there...

If I could go back and do my teens and 20's all over again (knowing what I know now), I'd have a PILE of cash saved up (and some nice watches, of course, LOL). I was making plenty of money for my age, but had a rather obsessive firearm/shooting habit and a taste for pricey whiskey/bourbon. "Everything in moderation" are good words to live by...cause I'd sure rather have the cash at this point!
    WPAC Member #35.
    "No Desire to Acquire!"

Banned

I will second or 3rd the go slow sentiment.

What you like now you may regret or at least not like as much as you get older.

My .02 would be to find a watch in that style at a much lower price point and if you really want a high price piece buy something classic and timeless with proven resale value over time.
    Like but not limited to a Rolex.
    That way if your taste should change you won't be out a pile of cash sitting on pieces neither you or anyone else wants.

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    I like Breitling, they make good watches and few are very popular and keep resonable price.
    If you can spend 7K and want only a Breitling then I would get the Navitimer, thats my favorite Breitling.
    If you are open minded on other companies then I would suggest looking for Omega Planet Ocean Chrono.
    For 7K I would personally go for Rolex Submariner.
    I would definitely not get the Submariner especially if I was 17. Too stodgy.

If I were in your shoes,I will hold back on spending the whole 7k on a single watch

However,looking back to my younger self,I bought a pre-owned Rolex 16570 when I was 16 too....back then it cost roughly $2000ish though..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information