Breitling Navitimer GMT vs. Zenith Pilot Annual Calendar? Help me choose...
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Breitling Navitimer GMT vs. Zenith Pilot Annual Calendar? Help me choose...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Breitling Navitimer GMT vs. Zenith Pilot Annual Calendar? Help me choose...

Hello all,

I've been wearing a Marathon CSAR for a couple years now as my only automatic watch. Recently (today!) I was delivered a Spring Drive Tuna as a higher end tool watch. Now I am on the hunt for a nice pilot's watch on a leather band.

I've narrowed it down to the Breitling Navitimer GMT w/ the white face and the Zenith Pilot Annual Calendar. I've always wanted a Navitimer, call it my grail, but recently stumbled across the Zenith and fell in the love with the movement and history.

Any opinions to help me decide would be great. I can pick both up for about the same price, Navitimer new and Zenith pre-owned but mint.

Thanks!

-Josh

Name:  asset-version-9fd55aba8c-ab044121-g783-443x-a20ba1.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  329.3 KBName:  Pilot_Montre_dACronef_Type_20_Annual_Calendar_03_2430_4054_21_C721.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  249.4 KB

Re: Breitling Navitimer GMT vs. Zenith Pilot Annual Calendar? Help me choose...

Borrowed wrist shots...
    Name:  8VnQVQAh.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  118.5 KB
    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  165.0 KB

Zenith. Annual Calendar > GMT.
    Watchnut12 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hmm, that's a tough one - two beautiful watches. Navitimer is more iconic than than specific Zenith, but Annual calendar complication is much cooler than GMT.

Have you tried them on? These are 2 large watches - Breitling at 46mm diameter and almost 16mm thick, Zenith at 48mm diameter and 16mm thick. Both will have a massive wrist-presence.
    If you can pull-off the size, I like Zenith more due to complication and cleaner dial.
    pyiyha likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EnderW View Post
    Hmm, that's a tough one - two beautiful watches. Navitimer is more iconic than than specific Zenith, but Annual calendar complication is much cooler than GMT.

Have you tried them on? These are 2 large watches - Breitling at 46mm diameter and almost 16mm thick, Zenith at 48mm diameter and 16mm thick. Both will have a massive wrist-presence.
    If you can pull-off the size, I like Zenith more due to complication and cleaner dial.
    Actually I was looking at the 48mm version of the Navi. But yeah I can pull it off. 7-3/4" wrist and my new Spring Drive Tuna looks pretty normal.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find either watch locally to try on. Wish that was an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A one watch man... Rolex GMT-Master II BLNR. Well and a G-Shock for camping.

Zenith for me. I find the Breitling too busy.

For me it's the breitling for a couple of reasons. I like the look of, as some people call it, the busy breitling dial. That's why I bought one. I'm lazy and I don't have or want a watch winder. Therefore I would still be messing with setting the watch, and setting date and time is easy.

My friends that are into their watches would tease me mercilessly with the month and day complication. With lines like "good thing when you came out of your coma your watch was on the winder so you knew what day and month it is" or "does it have a tourbillion too?"

But that's me and my friends, if you're into that complication, like the look, go for it.

While the annual calendar is tempting from a cool complication stand-point, the Breitling overall design wins every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

I was going to say Breitling all the way until I saw that Zenith Pilot. Wow.

The Breitling Navitimer is a classic. And looks that way. And it gets attention because it's the classic slide rule watch. It is busy and bold.

The Zenith is more subtle at first glance but also has more "wow" and punch when you really examine it. Beautiful.

I own own both lines (have a Breitling Chronomat 44 GMT and SkyRacer Raven) and also have a Zenith El Primero Striking 10th. Love all three for different reasons.

I'd go with the Zenith.

Adam

The Breitling Navitimer is a more well-known watch to the masses, but Zenith all the way for me!
    Dan.
    A. Lange & Sohne 1815 Up/Down
    H. Moser & Cie Pioneer Centre Seconds
    Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Tribute Small Seconds
    Officine Panerai Radiomir PAM 720
    Rolex Submariner 114060 (No Date)
    Cartier Santos WSSA0010
    Apple Watch Series 4 Nike+
    Seiko SKX007
    Seiko SKX009
    Casio G-Shock Rangeman GW-9400-1
    Casio G-Shock GA-700
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600E
    And others (not really worth mentioning)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information