Breitling Navitimer or Panerai 111? Which one should I get?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Breitling Navitimer or Panerai 111? Which one should I get?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Breitling Navitimer or Panerai 111? Which one should I get?

I need help deciding what to get next.

First let me tell you where I'm at with my collection and what I feel I need to have a well rounded collection. I have a TAG Formula One Chrono on SS bracelet, a Tag Aquaracer Caliber S Regatta on SS bracelet, an Armand Nicolet M02 Chrono on black Croco, and a Breitling Colt Auto II on blue calf. I really want my next watch to either have or go well with a brown croco/leather strap. I also want a manual watch at some point.

So I really like the Breitling Navitimer series (Navitimer, World, or Montbrilliant) with a white/silver face and brown strap, but it's not a manual watch so I will still need to get another watch later on. That's where the Panerai comes in. The Panerai 111 is manual, has an exhibition case back, and looks great with a brown strap.

What do you guys think? Pros and cons on both would be a big help.

Re: Breitling Navitimer or Panerai 111? Which one should I get?

Personally, I like the Navitimer better. Just a unique looking, iconic watch to me. But that's just personal preference. You should really just get the watch that you like more; the one that sings to you; the one you can't live without. No amont of advice can tell you which watch that is.
    Ω 3570.50, Ω SM300, Ω 3221.30, Ω 2538.20.00, Ω 186.010, Ω 176.012,
    Ω 198.005, Ω 135.011

Between Breitling Navitimer & Panerai 111, I'd definitely pick the Panerai. Navitimer is a bit busy for me. But if I were to pick a watch to wear with brown leather strap I'd get the Anonimo Marlin bronze.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

I grow the bananas myself, I have 6 different sorts!
    3ther likes this.

I know you might feel you MUST have the Breitling but you could consider the OTHER "Navitimer" made by Sinn. It's the model 903 ST and you if you shop around, you can likely buy it for half the price of the Breitling! Not everyone knows that Breitling was near bankruptcy in the early 1980s and they sold the design rights for the Navitimer to a couple of other watch makers to include Sinn.

Vulcain Nautique 1st Swiss/1967 * Seiko 5 SpeedTimer 1st Auto Chrono, from Tokyo Ginza/1969 * Handful of Seiko Quartz Chronos * Heuer Re-issue 1964 Pre-TAG Carrera chrono * TAG Heuer "Carrera" Chrono * Omega "Speedmaster" Chrono * Baume & Mercier Formula S Chrono * Zenith "El Primero" HW Chrono * Mühle Glashütte Nautische Chrono * Sinn 903ST “Navitimer” Chrono * Techné SparrowHawk II Chrono * Alpina Startimer Big-Date Chrono * Zodiac Sea Dragon chrono * (2) Victorinox "Infantry Vintage" Chronos (Silver/Green) * Junkers "G38" chrono * Hamilton Pioneer Khaki chrono * Bulova Marine Star Chrono/Diver * Breitling Chronospace chrono * Dan Henry 1939 chrono * Fortuna chrono * Delbana "Silverstone" chrono * Ball Fireman "Storm Chaser" chrono * William L. chrono * Junghans Meister Telemeter Chronoscope *

Every collection deserves a good Panerai...The Colt II is a nice watch too, but maybe sell that and get the Navitimer. So many watches .....

Name:  breitling-montbrillant-datora-watch-1.jpg
Views: 167057
Size:  95.8 KB

This watch is stunning. It is automatic though so depends how much that matters to you.

Banned

The only problem is, that you need a superb eyesight if you want to use the sliderule etc.
    It looks fab on a screen, blown up, but is virtually unreadable in life.

Thanks for all the advice so far. As for the Sinn Navitimer, I had never heard of it before. I looked it up and read a few posts on this and other forums trying to keep an open mind but after looking at it for a while I just have this feeling that I would always feel like I settled for it and it will drive me crazy until I finally got the Breitling. I don't know if you know what I mean and I hope that doesn't come off as being pretentious. I have settled for things that were almost what I wanted before and that just results in me spending more money as I usually give in and buy what I wanted in the first place.

I do like gurudarbar's idea of getting both! I would have to sell one or two of my current watches to do that though and that would be very hard for me. I could see getting one now and the other a few years later. That way I could enjoy the Colt for a while because I've only owned it for about a month now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information