Breitling Superocean 44 or Sinn U1?
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Breitling Superocean 44 or Sinn U1?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I posted a thread a few weeks ago about getting a nice summer "beater" to be used for outdoor activities or swimming. I think it's narrowed down to these two on the rubber strap. If you've owned one please explain the benefits of either as well as downside. If you have come close to buying either please chime in. Any opinion is welcome. Thanks
    Attachment 1021015
    Attachment 1021016

jah

Re: Breitling Superocean 44 or Sinn U1?

Tough call here!

I would say the Breitling sounds like it's more suited for what you're looking for. I have a SO 42 and love mine! Very comfortable and easy to read. I'm not a fan of that paticular Sinn, but I get it.

Good luck!
    Instagram= j_horton29

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    Tough call here!

I would say the Breitling sounds like it's more suited for what you're looking for. I have a SO 42 and love mine! Very comfortable and easy to read. I'm not a fan of that paticular Sinn, but I get it.

Good luck!
    Thanks Jah. I actually like yours a bit more than the 44. It's more balanced with nicer color. It's just to small for me. Damn!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

jah

I prefer the 42 styling over the 44, however I do like the orange you posted, especially on that band. I still say the Breitling over the Sinn!
    Instagram= j_horton29

I am biased because the Sinn U1 will be next acquisition, but I would go with the Sinn U1 in a heartbeat. To me, this Breitling, like so many Breitling, is solid but unremarkable. There is nothing wrong with it (and it actually is one of the few Breitlings to escape their typical problem with massively overcrowding the dial), but there is nothing about it to cause me to even slightly consider shelling out the type of money they ask. It is COSC certified. It does have a semi-prestigious brand name on the dial if this is important to you.

When I look at the Sinn U1, I see a truly unique watch in many respects. It uses submarine steel, has a tegimented/hardened steel bezel, and it has a unique and memorable dial layout and choice of hands that makes it stand out from the pack. The Sinn U1 is a modern design classic that will likely be produced/remembered for decades to come where the SuperOcean will simply be replaced by another style bearing the same name in five years.

If the cost were the same, I'd go for the Sinn U1 because of its attributes and unique design principles. At this price differential, it would be a no brainer to me.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

My suggestion will be to try them in person,sometimes the rubber strap makes a difference

I agree with the different looks of U1,seen it on the wrist of a petite girl,the squarish hands is a clue (maybe the fact that the girl is pretty helps too..but it's a different subject matter..)

Of these two,I like the Sinn better,because it has more sophisticated technology than the Breitling

I like them both, own a U1T, and hate the Sinn rubber strap. The Breitling looks like many other divers, while the Sinn is unique. The Sinn is more tool, while the Breitling is sporty. The only way I found to sport up my Sinn was to acquire an OEM SDR bezel. Which I like on a maratac elite strap

[QUOTE=Synequano;

Of these two,I like the Sinn better,because it has more sophisticated technology than the Breitling[/QUOTE]

I'm curious if anyone can elaborate what technology the Sinn has that makes it superior.

Quote Originally Posted by jjt2 View Post
    I like them both, own a U1T, and hate the Sinn rubber strap.
    This is a big reservation I have with the Sinn along with the blocky hands

For the Breitling, I've often thought the rubber bezel insert was a concern though most owners say its just as good as aluminum.

PS. Yours looks good on that strap

U1.
    Tudor Pelagos - Panerai 104 - Sinn U1 - Rolex "Polar" Explorer II - SevenFriday P3 - Casio G-Shock GW7900 - Swatch Scuba Libre

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information