Breitling Superocean Heritage + Omeaga Aquaterra (day date) + Cash for Glashutte Pano Reserve?
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Breitling Superocean Heritage + Omeaga Aquaterra (day date) + Cash for Glashutte Pano Reserve?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Breitling Superocean Heritage + Omeaga Aquaterra (day date) + Cash for Glashutte Pano Reserve?

I currently have a 6 watch collection (all steel sports) - 4 of which I see as keepers. A GMT, a plain 3 hander, a date function and a diver. I really do enjoy the other 2 watches (Breitling Superocean Heritage II and Omega Aquaterra Day-Date) but can see myself moving on from them. I am looking for a dressier piece to wear on leather and think I have settled on the Glashutte Original Pano Reserve. I could just add it to the collection but I want to actually wear all my watches and do not want the collection to grow much larger so I am contemplating selling the Breitling and Omega to put towards the GO. Any thoughts or opinions?

Re: Breitling Superocean Heritage + Omeaga Aquaterra (day date) + Cash for Glashutte Pano Reserve?

You realize you’ll get better input with photos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    rfortson likes this.

Re: Breitling Superocean Heritage + Omeaga Aquaterra (day date) + Cash for Glashutte Pano Reserve?

I would do it. GO is a step up from both of them and I would enjoy the GO more than either or those.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DHPSU View Post
    You realize you’ll get better input with photos.

Name:  IMG_4011.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  98.6 KBName:  IMG_4015.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  108.2 KBName:  IMG_4284.PNG
Views: 32
Size:  807.0 KB

Ok, now That I see the watches in question, I would add the new one and keep the old ones, only if you want them as part of your collection. I’ve only sold watches I don’t want in my collection, and bought back the one I regretted selling. U seem to want the Ones your selling an it seems you are able to afford to add, not sell.

Depends on how much extra cash. It sounds like you are looking to diversify from sports. As a matter of what you can practically wear vs collection size; I totally get it. I would sell the two myself and by a good example used-probably the more fiscally responsible route.

Great taste—I like all of these pieces involved. I like the GO the best so I’d probably do it

I would do that in a heartbeat. GO is one of the most accomplished brands at its price-point and has an interesting (and authentic) heritage. Overall, they implement the "big date" feature better than anyone else, have an in-house manufactory that makes incredible dials, and offer interesting, proprietary movements. The particular watch you have selected is associated with Glashutte (the place, not the brand) and has a lovely movement with excellent finishing for the price point (see below).

My only question is whether you have seen the blue-dialed version. In the metal, I find it to be even more mesmerizing than the white dialed version. Of course, this is personal aesthetic preference, so YMMV. Best of luck and post pics when you get it!

Name:  Calibre-65-01_002_0.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  109.1 KB

Name:  1-65-01-26-12-35_WDV-2.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  216.2 KB
    drw2 likes this.

Sell the AT, keep the SOH and add the GO

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Don Draper; June 13th, 2019 at 06:23.

I've had the Panoreserve in blue before and it was an exquisite watch. BUT, there are a few annoying quirks with that watch that made me sell it after a year or so.

First drawback is the power reserve, its really low by todays standards at 40 hours. I find that with all my newer watches 2 days is the minimum going up to 4-5 days
    Second and my biggest complaint with the watch is the speed of manual winding. If you have tried a Spring drive watch, it winds a 72 hours PR in about 1/3rd the number of turns as the Panoreserve does that too for a 40 hr movement. This sort of gets to you especially because you have to do it almost every day.

Last most minor quirk was that the suede strap I got it with was not very durable and the gator strap dressed it up a bit too much. Easy enough to switch with after-market I suppose, but the quality of the straps feel high and comfy but the look didn't give a everyday wear vibe enough for me to keep it.

I do miss that dial and finish though, absolutely stunning in person and you cannot really compete unless you go get an ALS. Use these pointers to figure out if you want to go for the trade as you are trading very versatile wearable sports watches for a dressier quirkier watch but at a much higher grade
    PJack likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information