Breitling Superocean - yellow dial - Rubber or SS strap? POLL

View Poll Results: Black rubber or SS strap?

Voters
33. This poll is closed
  • Rubber

11 33.33%
  • Steel

22 66.67%
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Breitling Superocean - yellow dial - Rubber or SS strap? POLL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Breitling Superocean - yellow dial - Rubber or SS strap? POLL

Hi, folks. I think I've decided on a Breitling Superocean, with the yellow/black dial.
    But I cant decide between the black rubber strap or the SS strap. Not regarding cost, which would you go for? (Pics from the web)

Name:  breitling-superocean-black-and-yellow-dial-mens-watch-a1736402-ba32bkpt-3.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  84.5 KB

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  48.7 KB

Thanks.

Re: Breitling Superocean - yellow dial - Rubber or SS strap? POLL

Normally I don't like rubber straps, but in this case, that steel bracelet is way, way, way too blingy. And a high-polish SS will show fingerprints like crazy, and look generally bad. Go with the rubber strap, and consider an after-market leather to change it out for.
    wschofield3 likes this.
    San Martin Damascus Radiomir
    Aevig Huldra 2
    + always on wrist: Fitbit Inspire HR

I'd choose rubber over that bracelet, but I'd personally go for a mesh bracelet.
    wschofield3 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would personally go for SS, i don't like how sweaty a rubber band can get. Why not get both?

smb

N0t on a Breitling but I have both types of bracelets on diving watches and I have found that the bracelet is more comfortable.

I have the older SO on the Professional II bracelet. I'd go with the bracelet without any question. Rubber looks cheap with a suit and gets grungy very quickly.

If you have any doubts, get the bracelet first. Breitling bracelets are very expensive to obtain on their own so if you change your mind down the road you will have to shell out quite a bit to get the bracelet. The rubber is not very expensive so it would be easy to pick up on it's own. Dealers (both AD and grey) tend to not discount bracelets much at all if bought individually.

It took exactly one post for someone to put Breitling and blingy together to describe the watch. You guys need to grab a thesaurus. Anyway that particular SO does look better on rubber but you always buy it on the bracelet and add the strap. The ProII bracelet is actually very nice. And just to make the decision harder ill throw out another yellow option that I like better. Best of luck

Thanks for the input and advice guys. I've decided that I will buy it on the bracelet, primarily (as others have said) because rubber and leather straps are very inexpensive down the road, so I can have the best of both worlds. Whereas to buy the bracelet after would be very expensive (and could look a bit odd if its brand new and the watch is not.

Many thanks for pointing this out to me.

Bracelet for sure. If you want to wear it on rubber down the line, it's easy enough and cheap enough to get a quality rubber strap and change the bracelet out. A Bonetto Cinturini natural Italian rubber strap costs something like $30 and an Isofrane costs about $100. If you get the rubber and want to get the bracelet down the line, finding one for your Breitling will take time, effort, and much, much more money. I bought my Speedmaster without a bracelet because I didn't like the 1998 bracelet it's sold on now, and when I decided to get a bracelet, I searched near and far to find the right 1171, a much older bracelet (and even still, it cost double what a really nice leather strap would cost).

Plus, should you ever decide that the SuperOcean no longer floats your boat (see what I did there?), the bracelet will increase resale value.
    TAG Heuer Monaco LE|Omega Speedmaster|Seamaster 300MC|Rolex Submariner|Tudor Ranger

How did it get so late so soon?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information