Breitling Vs. Omega
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Breitling Vs. Omega

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Breitling Vs. Omega

Can anyone comment on Omega and Breitling watches? It depends who you ask. A Breitling store owner tells me Breitling is the better than Omega, while an Omega store owner tells me otherwise.

Re: Breitling Vs. Omega

That's odd that the people trying to sell their brands have differing opinions on which is better.

Seriously, not sure you can easily conclude which is better, but I have a feeling many people on this particular forum will lean a certain way.
    Last edited by cedargrove; October 8th, 2012 at 05:23. Reason: Spelling

I would tend to lean in favour of Omega due to their recent innovations with the co-axial escapement. The Omega cal. 8500 is absolutely stunning.
    Kittysafe and Sub4 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Each brand has their own strengths and weaknesses. I see them as being on a comporable level as there are definitely watches from both brands that I really like.
    Legmaker72 and djpatrick35 like this.

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by PlanetaryTime View Post
    Can anyone comment on Omega and Breitling watches? It depends who you ask. A Breitling store owner tells me Breitling is the better than Omega, while an Omega store owner tells me otherwise.

I believe they are both correct.

It only depends on which actor you like the most, Clooney or Travolta.
    BestKennethEver likes this.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

It's really hard to make sweeping generalizations about which brand is better. Each timepiece stands on its own merits. However, if you must do so, here goes:

Omega has a richer heritage, produces one of the most iconic timepieces out there (Speedmaster Pro), and produces its own movements (at least sort of).

Breitling uses ETA movements made by Omega's relative company, and does not receive the same recognition in terms of history. They use chronometer certified movements, and emphasize on designs related to pilots and flight. They are very nice watches that equal of Omegas in quality build, but not perceived as historically relevant by some. Omega is moving upmarket in an attempt to compete with Rolex, so Omegas perceived value may increase more than Breitling in years to come.

Of course, none of this relates to which is better made, or which tells better time.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

It's really a lot of personal preference. I have a Breitling Aermarine SuperOcean Heritage 38 that my pops gave me cause he never wore it. I love it. Simple, retro design with a good, accurate movement. It, like all Breitlings, is Chronometer Certified. Dial finishing is gorgeous, but I can see why it can be called "Flamboyant." The color scheme is meant to be noticed. That's how Breitling is really, they're very flashy with the exception of a few models. Omega is more well-known to the mainstream, but of course they make fantastic watches. Omega's history is very difficult to beat, and I really like their more subdued, but yet still bold designs. You can't go wrong with either. Both make great quality watches with great movements, but design is still pretty personal preference. Me? If I had to choose I'd get both. They each speak different voice in themselves.

I like Omegas classic styles and their bracelets! I feel like Breitling watches are too big and they have entirely way too many things going on. Crammed dials and big watch..don't really like. But once again this is just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ω Omega Seamaster Professional Co-Axial Ceramic
    Orient Ray
    Victorinox Divemaster
    Swatch Sistem 51
    AVI-8 Hawker Hurricane

I like how Omegas look more in general, and in general, they have higher end movements. The real contest comes between the Omega 9300 and the Breitling B01 movements, and I have no idea which is best between those.

lvt

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenM View Post
    I like how Omegas look more in general, and in general, they have higher end movements. The real contest comes between the Omega 9300 and the Breitling B01 movements, and I have no idea which is best between those.

It seems that the B01 movement is hard to beat.
    CitizenM likes this.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information