Bremont Watches...

Thread: Bremont Watches...

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    413

    Bremont Watches...

    I saw on the home page Bremont brand watch. I checked out their site and they have some of the most beautiful looking watches I've seen. Those watches are the exact type I would love to have and enjoy. Anyone know anything about that brand personally? That limited EP120 is amazing.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Middle of Hurricane Alley
    Posts
    21,244

    Re: Bremont Watches...

    If you use the search function, you will find some threads that have been discussing Bremont (the last couple of months).
    Good luck!

  3. #3
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: Bremont Watches...

    Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    If you use the search function, you will find some threads that have been discussing Bremont (the last couple of months).
    Good luck!
    Indeed - use the search function. There have been some threads lately, on PilMil for example.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    stuffler,mike
    Guest

    Re: Bremont Watches...

    Quote Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post
    I saw on the home page Bremont brand watch. I checked out their site and they have some of the most beautiful looking watches I've seen. Those watches are the exact type I would love to have and enjoy. Anyone know anything about that brand personally? That limited EP120 is amazing.
    Saw them in the flesh lately at Selfridges & Co., nice but too much bucks for what they offer.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    London/Miami
    Posts
    1,367

    Re: Bremont Watches...

    Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Saw them in the flesh lately at Selfridges & Co., nice but too much bucks for what they offer.
    Ditto. There's also a decent selection at Jura between saville row and bond street (Selfridges people do not deal whatsoever...)

  7. #6
    Member IronHide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    928

    Re: Bremont Watches...

    Saw them for the first time in person myself just a few weeks ago @ Tourneau in NYC. I *really* wanted to like them but alas, I was disappointed. I was specifically interested in the ALT1-C chrono because of the hardened case. Other than the fact that the salespeople couldn't tell me anything about them beyond the fact that the cases are made at the Rolls Royce engine factory, I wasn't overly impressed. For $5300 I expected a lot more. No anti-magnetic or anti-shock features beyond what comes with the standard 7750 movement. I did like the case size and finish but all-in-all I can't see paying that much for a watch I can get from Hamilton, etc. relativelt speaking. Just my $0.02!!

    Recent Acquisitions:
    - 114060 no date SubC
    - PAM 692 BMG-TECH 3 day
    - Milus Tirion TriRetrograde


  8. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Middle of Hurricane Alley
    Posts
    21,244

    Re: Bremont Watches...

    I did not know that Rolls Royce had the machinery to make cases?
    Did he tell you if it was RR aircraft engine factory or car engine factory?

    You see, the V12 engine is a BMW engine!

  9. #8
    Member Hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    637

    Re: Bremont Watches...

    I have been researching Bremont for almost a year, got their brochures, on the mailing list for their new introductions etc...and where I really enjoy the styles I have to agree with the others that they just seem way over priced.

    Like the others, just my 2 cents.
    Hondo


    Watches are my past "time"

  10. #9
    Member IronHide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    928

    Re: Bremont Watches...

    Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    I did not know that Rolls Royce had the machinery to make cases?
    Did he tell you if it was RR aircraft engine factory or car engine factory?

    You see, the V12 engine is a BMW engine!
    He did not say, nor did I specifically ask. At that point, I was rather *done* with the conversation and just wanted to check out the watch!

    Personally, it wouldn't matter to me if Hephaestus himself were forging the cases...too much $$ for not enough tech.

    Recent Acquisitions:
    - 114060 no date SubC
    - PAM 692 BMG-TECH 3 day
    - Milus Tirion TriRetrograde


  11. #10
    Moderator Emeritus Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    12th Century
    Posts
    11,266

    Re: Bremont Watches...

    Here's a recent thread on Bremont on Pil-Mil: https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=196508
    Cheers,

    Martin ("Crusader")

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •