Bremont Watches
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Bremont Watches

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bremont Watches

Does anyone have an opinion on these? I have been thinking about purchasing one but not sure if they are worth the money or not??

Re: Bremont Watches

Never bought one. Considered for a while, but I'm more of a thin and dress watch person. I personally think they are well designed and reasonably priced. Most of their engineering goes into the case, not the movement, which seems to rub WIS the wrong way (they also were kind of coy about their movements for a bit). Overall I think they would be a good buy if you are into their style.
    Zeroedout likes this.
    Current Collection - | Ball | Bvlgari | Casio | Citizen | Credor | Girard-Perregaux | Graham | Gübelin | Hamilton | Jaeger-LeCoultre | Longines | Minase | Mühle Glashütte | NOMOS Glashütte | Omega | Rolex | Seiko | Undone | Vacheron Constantin | Victorinox Swiss Army |
    Mulling Over - | Minase Horizon | Reservoir |
    On deck - | Omega Speedmaster Apollo 11 50th Anniversary |

Newer British company producing watches for about 11 years. They sell about 10,000 watches per year. They were stuck on 43mm for a while. Known for producing pilot-type watches but also put out a few "America's Cup" (sailing) watches when they were one of the sponsors. Not cheap.
    "Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?" -Ben Franklin
    Damasko | Hamilton | Longines | Mido | Orient | Oris | Rolex | Timex

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Depends on what you want. The Supermarines for example are priced like Planet Oceans while using COSC certified ETA-2836s. As was mentioned, what you're getting for your money there is the case. The PO uses regular 316L, while the Supermarine cases are about as hard and scratch resistant as you can get - much harder than Sinn submarine steel, for example.

There is a lot of hate for the brand here for reasons some of which I can understand (mostly marketting and sales tactics related) but a LOT of the major brands get slack in many aspects. However they do make excellent watches IMO and have a dedicated following. I myself have owned half a dozen of them over several years and still have my Terranova and the newer Airco mach 1.

Is their retail high? sure, as are MOST of the brands out there, but for a good discount or used price you can get a very well made watch with a chronometer movement and excellent attention to detail. They also wear really well and just have an overall appealing aesthetic for me right from the Supermarine cases to the pilot style dials. Go for it, you wont regret it IMO.
    Zeroedout likes this.

FWIW their designs never appealed to me, and I think for the money there are other options that speak to me more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

You can get way better for less then the asking price of a Bremont

I’ve had 3 in the past, two MBII in Orange, sold the first, missed it bought another then sold that for the best one in the range in my opinion the ALT-C. CR cream dial with brown sundials. Absolutely superb watch but it is just a bit to big on the wrist so sold to fund my Rolex, just need another MBII or perhaps a Jag in the collection.

Regarding the brand there are mixed feeling out there from the real watch snobs who moan about not having an in-house movement in the watch but hell neither did Omega, Hublot, Pam etc until recently!!! The quality is SUPERB as is the service from Bremont so have to speak very highly of the branch. Ok they jumped on the celebrity bandwagon and themes like the code breaker, victory, Jag and Norton... so what ( no different from others) , they are running a business and have to survive in a competitive market so if it helps build the brand and sell watch’s then fair play, it’s the individual chose to buy or not so for those moaners vote with your wallet and not your mouth :). Oops gone off at a tangent there, summary .. Great Watches and worth as much as any other over priced watch. Which is all major brands really.
    Zeroedout likes this.
    Current Collection

Breitling Superocean 44mm
    Casio Illuminator World Time
    Certina DS
    Citizen Aqualand II
    Citizen Aqualand Hyper Aqualand
    IWC 3717
    Omega Speedmaster 3570 Moonie
    Omega Planet Ocean 42mm Orange
    Pam 111
    Rolex NDc
    Seiko 6139-6002 Poque,
    U-boat Classico Bronze 45mm
    U-Boat Classico 45mm Stratos
    U-Boat Classico U-47 AS2

I think they look great, yet I’m unlikely to ever buy one, as the lack of history and the controversy surrounding their in-house movement a few years ago (justified or otherwise) puts me off at that price point.

Banned

I very nearly bought a Bremont S301 recently. I still might someday. Most of their watches are much too big for me personally, but lovely designs.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information