Brief review of Tissot T-Complication Squelette
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By mlcor
  • 1 Post By mlcor

Thread: Brief review of Tissot T-Complication Squelette

So, Iíve had my Tissot skeleton for a while now, and itís gotten a reasonable amount of wrist time, so I thought I would do a quick review. As a relatively junior member of the community I apologize in advance if I miss something critical...

At 43 x 12mm, with a fairly thin bezel and a very shiny dial, the watch wears fairly large. A matter of personal taste, but for me, this is as big as I would go (I have a 7.25Ē wrist), but itís still not so large as to make me uncomfortable. I wear long sleeve dress shirts for work (either business casual or suits), and the watch will fit under them reasonably well. The level of finish for the case and the movement/face is excellent, especially given the price point (well under $2000 from an AD).

Name:  Tissot Front Medium 2.JPG
Views: 5311
Size:  114.7 KB

The watch is a real-life clinic in terms of educating someone on how a mechanical watch works. Most of the mechanism is visible, and itís easy to see how the ETA 6497-1 movement works. A minor pointóI wish the mainspring were a bit more exposed, so it would at a glance give you some idea of how much power was left. One thing I really like about the watch is that unlike most skeletons, itís easy to read, with big, nicely blued hands and indices. One bonus is generous lume (unusual in a skeleton) on the hands and markers; quite bright when charged, and makes it simple to read in the dark. A nice touch is that the tiny blued seconds hand is also hollow, to match the hour and minute hands. Accuracy seems fineóI am not an accuracy nut, donít time them religiously, but it seems to be running less than ten seconds fast per day.

Name:  Tissot Front Medium 3.JPG
Views: 4930
Size:  105.7 KBName:  Tissot Back Medium.JPG
Views: 4798
Size:  157.8 KB

The case is slightly asymmetrical, on the side near the crownóto me, itís not an issue, as itís subtle and fits well with the industrial design motif. I find the crown a little hard to turn, as the knurls arenít very deep, and winding the watch feels sort of loose; not that the crown wiggles, but rather there seems to be a gap between each click as you wind. Hard to describe.

Name:  Tissot Front Medium 4.JPG
Views: 4773
Size:  110.0 KB

Probably the biggest beef I have is the strap and deployant. I guess at this price they needed to thrift somewhere, and this is clearly where they did. The strap is a bit thin and feels like it wonít last a long time. The deployant, although Iíve had no issues with it working correctly or popping open, feels very cheap, light, almost like itís made out of plastic instead of metal (although it isnít, of course). Nevertheless, since aftermarket straps and deployants are readily available, this wouldnít (and didnít) stop me from buying the watch.

Summary: I think this watch is a terrific value, great finishing, and is an excellent skeleton for folks who would like a skeleton, but donít want ornate, intricate designs that are illegible. Iím glad I bought it.

Pros: Excellent value, good finishing, unique design, people will notice it.

Cons: Compromised quality of strap and deployant, might be too large for some, people will notice it.
    Orsoni, Kilovolt, opolis and 1 others like this.

Re: Brief review of Tissot T-Complication Squelette

Nice little review. I find the back view much nicer to look at than the front though!

The back definitely is nice. Of course, what's on the front is dictated to some degree by needing things like hands, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MarkingTime likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm not a fan of skeletons but that watch is the only one I nearly broke the habit of a lifetime for and ordered one. Thanks for posting the review.

Thanks for sharing your review. The Tissot seems to have a more industrial aesthetic to the skeletonization than is typical, but it does look very nice.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Thanks for the review. I've always found Tissot to be a great value for what you get. This one looks particularly interesting because of the blend of mechanical vs. dressy.

Thank you for the review and pictures.

This watch has been on my radar for a few months however, every Tissot AD I have visited didn't have one in stock. I'm not sure I want to pull the trigger without seeing one in person.

Good review, i do think this tissot is the best looking affordable skeleton style watch.
    I want to be a ONE watch guy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orsoni View Post
    Thank you for the review and pictures.

This watch has been on my radar for a few months however, every Tissot AD I have visited didn't have one in stock. I'm not sure I want to pull the trigger without seeing one in person.
    That was how I felt--I wanted to make sure it wasn't too big, or somehow otherwise didn't feel right. But it looked even better in person, and I decided the size was OK (for me, anyway).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information