(Bright) yellow dial diver worn in the late 80's (relatively expensive). What could it be?

Thread: (Bright) yellow dial diver worn in the late 80's (relatively expensive). What could it be?

Chicago / Budapest (Depending on the Day of the Week)

(Bright) yellow dial diver worn in the late 80's (relatively expensive). What could it be?

Dear All

I was just showing off a new acquisition (yellow dial diver) to a friend who proudly wears a watch with a bright yellow dial. He told me the story that he met a guy with a nice yellow dial diver watch back in the late 80's while backpacking through Europe. When he asked about the watch the guy suggested that it is definitely not the price range of watches he should be looking for. Now (as his means grew in the past 25 years) we both wonder, what was it? My friend said it looked a lot like the yellow Orient Mako but from the distance of 25 years or so, I think it is safe to say it had a bezel, and no more :). (I don't suppose they were making yellow face Orient Mako watches back then.)

Any prominent yellow face divers of the pre-late 80's era out there you can think of? The era and the color should narrow it down some. Shoot us a model, (or even better, a picture or a link) if you can. Thanks.
    NOMOS Ludwig Oberlehrer / Orient Mako Yellow / Seiko 5 - SNK665K / Seiko 5 - SNKK47 / Orient Orbit - CERAK003W (for which I really need a white silicone band) / Seiko Orange Monster (2nd ed.)
    60+ Cornavin Geneve watches (with a few Russian ones), few other flea market pick ups and family hand me downs (inc. pocket watches and alarm clocks)
    Next up: Maybe a Speedy Pro, Maybe a Steelers El Primero, Maybe a nice gold watch with a 1003 or 12P or I might just swing for the grail (Royal Oak)

Re: (Bright) yellow dial diver worn in the late 80's (relatively expensive). What could it be?

There was an Omega "Banana" dial from the 60s and 70s.

You really have to give us more here. All you've said is "yellow" dial and "seen in the 80s" (which just means it was made between 0 and 1990.....).

Sent via Tapatalk

(Dedicated to the pink tiger stripe and the man behind it.)

Chicago / Budapest (Depending on the Day of the Week)

Re: (Bright) yellow dial diver worn in the late 80's (relatively expensive). What could it be?

Sorry, all we have :( I figured not too many bright yellow dial diver watches out there pre-90's (and I don't see too many nominations). That Omega is definitely a strong candidate. (Didn't know if this. I know of the Schumacher Speedmaster and I am quite a fan, but that us clearly later).
    NOMOS Ludwig Oberlehrer / Orient Mako Yellow / Seiko 5 - SNK665K / Seiko 5 - SNKK47 / Orient Orbit - CERAK003W (for which I really need a white silicone band) / Seiko Orange Monster (2nd ed.)
    60+ Cornavin Geneve watches (with a few Russian ones), few other flea market pick ups and family hand me downs (inc. pocket watches and alarm clocks)
    Next up: Maybe a Speedy Pro, Maybe a Steelers El Primero, Maybe a nice gold watch with a 1003 or 12P or I might just swing for the grail (Royal Oak)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Certina (those with the turtle on the back)...

Attachment 1016761
    posted by member guitargonat

...., Doxa (Jenny - one to be seen here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f34/sim...-499067-2.html), Seiko. The Philip Watch Caribbean 1000 comes to my mind as well.

Attachment 1016755

You'd consider to re-post on our DWF.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Attachment 1016778

Seiko SKX-A35
    Last edited by Bwana1; March 21st, 2013 at 14:11.
    "Picking the lesser of 2 evils...is still evil"

Doxa 800TI Pro & 600T Pro & DivingStar
    Damasko DA45 & DA36 & DC56
    Muhle Glasutte SAR
    Citizen PMT56-27"Tough" & PMU56-23"Ray Mears"
    Marathon GSAR
    --Helson Shark Diver40
    Omega SMP & 120m Baby Ploprof & AT 2500 & AT Railmaster
    Tutima DI300 & Pilot FX--Oris BC Regulator--Aquadive BS100 Bronze
    Halios Tropik B green
    --Hamilton Navy Diver
    Jorg Schauer Kleine Durowe & Kulisse Ed. 12