British Horological Institute - Distance Learning Course (DLC)

Thread: British Horological Institute - Distance Learning Course (DLC)

British Horological Institute - Distance Learning Course (DLC)

Hi,

I am a relative newbie to the horological world, having arrived no doubt like many others through a growing interest, that evolved as I made my first purchases (Breitling & IWC). I have found my interest expanding to the point where I'm considering starting a second career in watch and clock servicing, and possibly more one day.

I have been looking at the BHI's Distance Learning Course - And would welcome any comments of first-hand experience with this course - does it do what it says on the tin; is it genuinely recognised internationally - by the main brand manufacturers - would this be the best/only way of expanding my knowledge and training, leading to a recognised qualification?

Understandably a vastly daunting subject in which to try to forge a new career - so any/all advice greatly appreciated.

I am UK-based by the way.

many thanks in advance,

Regards,

Rich D.
    Breitling Avenger Chrono 69 Rattrapante - Edition Speciale Limitee a 600, IWC 'Calypso' Aquatimer.

Re: British Horological Institute - Distance Learning Course (DLC)

Have a look in the watchmaking forum. I've been interested too, but the equipment needed for distance learning (i.e. lathe) has put me off.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Thread Information