Bucherer Automatic watch. Brand History

Thread: Bucherer Automatic watch. Brand History

Bucherer Automatic watch. Brand History

I am new to this community and recently picked up my first automatic vintage watch. I really like the look of the watch, but am confused on its branding. From my research, there is a brand of high quality watches marked "Carl Bucherer". How is that brand different from my pictured watch. If anybody here can share their knowledge on the subject, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Name:  $T2eC16d,!zMFIdEp8OZIBSV2EF)dN!~~60_57.jpg
Views: 1494
Size:  131.7 KB

Re: Bucherer Automatic watch. Brand History

Bucherer is a long-standing jewellery retailer/manufacturer going back to the late 1800's. They made their own jewellery, and their own line of watches using ETA and other Swiss movements. They also were AD's for many other brands like Rolex, Baume & Mercier, Piaget, etc. Your watch is a 70's era watch from Bucherer, and a nice quality piece.
    But recently their watches have gone upscale, using the founder's name (Carl-Frederich Bucherer) as the new name for their watch lineup. Very nice watches with in-house movements and with a price to match. Completely separate from your watch of the 70's.

~Sherry.
    Last edited by Popoki Nui; October 13th, 2013 at 08:24.
    PM is not working for me. If you need to contact me, please email. Thanks! popokinui1(at)gmail(dot)com

A cool 1971 Bucherer Archimedes Super Compressor, rotating internal bezel and a great case back.

Funky!

Info. From the previous post is good and from the case back you can see they started in 1888.

Last edited by Brisman; October 13th, 2013 at 08:40.
    IG - watchbrisman

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Bucherer Automatic watch. Brand History

Quote Originally Posted by Gereneatian View Post
    I am new to this community and recently picked up my first automatic vintage watch. I really like the look of the watch, but am confused on its branding. From my research, there is a brand of high quality watches marked "Carl Bucherer". How is that brand different from my pictured watch. If anybody here can share their knowledge on the subject, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Name:  $T2eC16d,!zMFIdEp8OZIBSV2EF)dN!~~60_57.jpg
Views: 1494
Size:  131.7 KB
    Gereneatian, The Bucherer Family has been making watches and jewelry in Switzerland since 1888.

They opened a store front and began selling Rolexes and Bucherer brand watches, eventually becoming Switzerland's leading watch retailer and the leading providers of watches and jewellery in Europe.

In 2000 they wanted to differentiate between the storefront brand, consumer entry level watches, and luxury watches.
    "Bucherer" is now the name of the store chain.

"BSwiss" became consumer entry level watches using ETA movements.

And "Carl F. Bucherer" is their high-end luxury watches most with in-house movements designed and made at their "Manufacture" factories in St-Croix, Lengnau or Lucerne Switzerland.

You can read more about it here:
    http://www.watchtime.at/archive/wt_2...006_03_108.pdf

Thread Information