Bug-out watch?

Thread: Bug-out watch?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wink Bug-out watch?

So, what's your teotwawki, worldwide roving packs of zombies, natural disaster, last minute, SHTF, go to, bug-out bag watch of choice?

I would think a good reliable automatic will be the first choice of many, myself included (note to self, buy a nice reliable automatic )

I think I would also be inclined to throw in one of my Casio G-Shock solar Waveceptors for any possible long term bug-outs.

Well, what's it gonna' be...
    Last edited by Nats; June 24th, 2007 at 06:39. Reason: ize a rhele gode spheler

Re: Bug-out watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Nats View Post
    So, what's your teotwawki, worldwide roving packs of zombies, natural disaster, last minute, go to, bug-out bag watch of choice?

I would think a good reliable automatic will be the first choice of many, myself included (note to self, buy a nice reliable automatic )

I think I would also be inclined to throw in one of my Casio G-Shock solar Waveceptors for any possible long term bug-outs.

I am going to say something that is solar powered and quartz.

An automatic loses way to much time each day/week/month to be considered a TEOTWAWKI watch.

I bet most people on this board have no clue what you are asking about as well. I will send you a link where you should really ask this question.

Metropolitan Detroit (Or is it South Florida again?)

Betting there's far more "survival" minded folks here than you're giving credit for.

I'd say my Chrono Avenger (automatic), though the comments about accuracy are correct. Thing is, in that situation, I'd guess "timing" as opposed to "time" would be a bit more important. One could always "synchronize their watches".

I'd throw my only G Shock in the pack too.

If I had one, I'd include the Brietling Colt Quartz (Superquartz movenet guaranteed accurate to within 18 seconds per year, 8 year battery).
    Regards, T Bone.

DOXA Forum and Sales Corner Moderator

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi -

That's easy.

My Yao Blackwater MMT. ETA 2824-2 regulated in six positions, currently running +2s/day, on NATO strap.

Why not a quartz? Because I can't know when the battery will run out: once it does, the watch is worthless. Will be right twice a day.

The automatic will at least run for the next several years.

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

I'm already where many would try to get to, so I'd wear whatever I had on that day. Probably the Seamaster.

sun dial

Quote Originally Posted by Nats View Post
    So, what's your teotwawki, worldwide roving packs of zombies, natural disaster, last minute, go to, bug-out bag watch of choice?

If you're bugging out, why do you need a watch? Or a calendar, come to that?

N 32 deg, 47' 27.9168"; W 79 deg, 54' 30.3372"

Assuming that the world's civilization is ending, what is going to be your criteria that your watch is inaccurate, or off by 4 second a day?

A mechanical will still work and be as accurate as anybody will need in the absence of atomic clocks broadcasting time hacks on the hour.

And, given the right tools can be kept running virtually forever (or at least several generations), try that with a quartz, even a solar powered one.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: When the $hi+ hits the fan, my SEAL is gonna be on my wrist. It's accurate to +1sec/day, waterproof, shock-resistant, anti-magnetic (80,000a/ms worth, not the wimpy 4,800a/ms you need to qualify as such), has tritium hands for solid lume during a prolonged nuclear winter, and it's heavy enough to be used as a weapon. I suppose a decent Tough Solar G-Shock would be good to have on hand as well, but again, if we're talkin' about a nuclear winter and worldwide power outages, I wonder how long that battery's gonna last. Better to go with a 10-year battery model.

Regards,
    Adam

PS - A Ball Hydrocarbon might not be such a bad idea, either. Shock-resistant, anti-magnetic (though only to 12,000a/ms), and gastube illumination. Not quite as badass-looking, but it'll do in a pinch.

PPS - And then there's the Planet Ocean. Not as tough on paper as the Kobold or Ball, perhaps, but its Co-Axial movement offers the promise of a longer service interval, and from what I've read, they're about as accurate as autos come these days.
    DW-002BM-8, DW-003R-9T, DW-5600BB-1ER, DW-5600GLRZ2, DW-5600GRLZM, DW-5700BE, DW-5700SF2, DW-6900-7BUFF, DW-6900MT-7ER, DW-6900CL-4CR, DW-6900KR-8JR, DW-6900FS, DW-6901UD-3ER, DW-8800AB-9T, DW-9100BJ-2A, G-001BE, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-7A, GA-120BB, GD-X6900AL-2, GD-X6900-7TY2, GD-X6900JC, GD-X6900MNM, GD-X6900MH, GDF-100BB, GLX-150-4DR, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000TFG-9, GPR-B1000TLC-1JR, GPW-2000, GST-B100D-1A, GST-200RBG, GT-100, GW-5000-1JF, GW-5530C, GW-9400-1ER, GW-9400-3ER, GW-9430EJ-9JR, GW-9400KJ, GW-9401KJ, GWG-1000, GWM-5600TH-1, GWN-Q1000, GXW-56-3JF, GXW-56-4JF, GXW-56BB-1JF

If its out of my personal collection i'd go with the Marathon SAR-D...
    *Nick*
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor souls who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat " - Theodore Roosevelt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information