Bugatti Galibier

Thread: Bugatti Galibier

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bugatti Galibier

Gorgeous sedan:

But it is the dash clock that caught my eye. Pretty clever.

More pics and details:

http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/buga...ept-0/full/#17
    Watches:

Elgin Pocket Watch
    Seiko Orange Monster
    Cartier Tank

Re: Bugatti Galibier

is that a tourbillon??

Whats with the split windshield? Weird.

Seems like a silly idea. Im sure the car is in the $1,000,000 range, so besides the fact that the tourbillon is probably adding 100k alone, the whole concept of a mechanical watch in a car is dumb, let alone one that can be removed to leave a gaping hole in the middle of the dashboard.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
    The center line and split window is an attempt to draw similarities to Bugatti's of old in particular the Bugatti Atlantic. I think something is lost in translation but that was the intent I guess.

I like the watch I idea. Get in the car for a long drive and put in the dash get out and take with you as a watch. Unfortunately it's less attractive as a wrist watch maybe if it was a pocket watch.
    Buran Siberia (x2 black and white), Aviator Chrono II (poljot31681), Ferrari Jumbo Pit Crew,Alpha Jump Hour, MZI Skeleton, MKII Stingray,Elgin 18s,Agat stopwatch, Sturmanskie Sputnik,Raketa Pilot, Poljot Traveller,Tscheljabinsk military clock, Kirovskie Crab, Vostok Amphibia (tank dial), 3133 Strela replica, Alpha Jumphour Tank,Denissov Barracuda 31681,Laco B-Uhr type B, Stowa Antea KS

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cavallino33

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino33 View Post
    The center line and split window is an attempt to draw similarities to Bugatti's of old in particular the Bugatti Atlantic. I think something is lost in translation but that was the intent I guess.

I like the watch I idea. Get in the car for a long drive and put in the dash get out and take with you as a watch. Unfortunately it's less attractive as a wrist watch maybe if it was a pocket watch.
    Wait, so the clock for the car is a wristwatch? Isnt that a little too small and impractical? Especially for a sedan?
    “Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.” -Abraham Lincoln

Fantastic looking car and even fancier looking watch~Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by crypto80 View Post
    Wait, so the clock for the car is a wristwatch? Isnt that a little too small and impractical? Especially for a sedan?
    lol...good point. Im trying to figure out if thats the biggest wrist watch ever, or the smallest dash clock ever.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post

Seems like a silly idea. Im sure the car is in the $1,000,000 range, so besides the fact that the tourbillon is probably adding 100k alone, the whole concept of a mechanical watch in a car is dumb, let alone one that can be removed to leave a gaping hole in the middle of the dashboard.

Sweet looking car, but I'd take the faster Veyron for that kind of dough!

Don't make me go Blackbelt on ya!
    Terry
    -------------------
    Breitling Navitimer 01 LE, Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, Bathys Aquaculture black PVD, Seiko Sumo, Seiko Orange Monster, RXW MM20,
    RXW MM25, Chase-Durer conquest, Movado series 800 Diver, Movado Museum, Citizen Ecodrive chrono, Bulova Precisionist

No offense, but anyone questioning the logic of a removable tourbillon in a 1.5 million dollar car is sort of missing the point here. I mean, there's absolutely nothing about this venture that makes the least bit of sense, and when taken in that light, the notion of a $100K+ time piece that's awkward as both a dash clock and a wristwatch suddenly seems like a brilliant idea.

I wonder, how much do you think my MDX is worth as a trade-in...

Regards,
    Adam
    DW-002BM-8, DW-003R-9T, DW-5600BB-1ER, DW-5600GLRZ2, DW-5600GRLZM, DW-5700BE, DW-5700SF2, DW-6900-7BUFF, DW-6900MT-7ER, DW-6900CL-4CR, DW-6900KR-8JR, DW-6900FS, DW-6901UD-3ER, DW-8800AB-9T, DW-9100BJ-2A, G-001BE, GA-110DR-1A, GA-111DR-7A, GA-120BB, GD-X6900AL-2, GD-X6900-7TY2, GD-X6900JC, GD-X6900MNM, GD-X6900MH, GDF-100BB, GLX-150-4DR, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000TFG-9, GPR-B1000TLC-1JR, GPW-2000, GST-B100D-1A, GST-200RBG, GT-100, GW-5000-1JF, GW-5530C, GW-9400-1ER, GW-9400-3ER, GW-9430EJ-9JR, GW-9400KJ, GW-9401KJ, GWG-1000, GWM-5600TH-1, GWN-Q1000, GXW-56-3JF, GXW-56-4JF, GXW-56BB-1JF

Quote Originally Posted by craniotes View Post
    No offense, but anyone questioning the logic of a removable tourbillon in a 1.5 million dollar car is sort of missing the point here. I mean, there's absolutely nothing about this venture that makes the least bit of sense, and when taken in that light, the notion of a $100K+ time piece that's awkward as both a dash clock and a wristwatch suddenly seems like a brilliant idea.

I wonder, how much do you think my MDX is worth as a trade-in...

Regards,
    Adam
    +1, hard to criticize that detail as impractical when the car is powered by an 8 liter 16 cylinder engine. Yeah, the watch makes it impractical.....

I do like the idea of the leather watch case. Has it been done before?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information