Bulova - new Accutron II series
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Bulova - new Accutron II series

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Bulova - new Accutron II series

What do you think about new Bulova series with gliding precisionist mechanism?
    To me they look very nice, although maybe slightly overpriced...

BULOVA ACCUTRON II

What is your favourite?

For me these two.

Black versions seem to have more interesting bracelet though.

This one has just 30m WR

Re: Bulova - new Accutron II series

Yup, they look nice, a lot nicer than ugly over the top Precisionists. I just don't understand why they had to dumb down accuracy and WR. To sell more Precisionists? They are cheaper, and of course uglier. So their decision doesn't seem to make much sense. I just wish Accutron III will feature solar powered movement with same accuracy as Precisionist models and with looks of the Accutron II.
    bluloo likes this.
    It doesn't matter how much the watch costs, it only matters if it makes your heart tick.

I can't see either one being mistaken for a no-date sub.
    Seagull S6 and daschlag like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the Spaceview homages.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by RejZoR View Post
    Yup, they look nice, a lot nicer than ugly over the top Precisionists. I just don't understand why they had to dumb down accuracy and WR. To sell more Precisionists? They are cheaper, and of course uglier. So their decision doesn't seem to make much sense. I just wish Accutron III will feature solar powered movement with same accuracy as Precisionist models and with looks of the Accutron II.
    Ariel Adams did a video review of one of the new Accutron II models and he says the new movements lost some of their accuracy in the quest to shrink the Precisionist movement for the smaller cases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the snorkel very much, I'm waiting for them to be on retail available

My Blog http://www.horologiaprima.com
    One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art! (O.Wilde)

The mailman just brought me this fun piece, which I've been eagerly awaiting since it was first announced.

And yes, I do have an original Spaceview, a very nice asymmetric watch in stainless with 14K accents. No, the "Accutron II" is not the same thing, but I think it's a nicely rendered 'homage' to the original, suitable for more casual and carefree wear. I've broken my original Spaceview crystal once already, I'm skittish about wearing it daily. By the same token, I have original Hamilton Venturas, and also modern ones for the same reason: I can enjoy them in casual wear without worrying about damaging a valuable original.

This may be the modern Bulova company's way to pirate the original company's past glory, but I must say I prefer to see the Accutron name and logo on a quartz watch -- grandchild to the original -- than on a mechanical. There's a real disconnect seeing the Accutron name -- which was derived from ACCUracy and elecTRONic -- on an automatic. There may not be a tuning fork in this but at least it is the modern evolution of the transistorized watch. And the smooth-turning second hand really does evoke the original. Nice touch. Like the original advertising said, "The second hand doesn't skip and jump -- it moves with the smooth, continuous motion of a satellite in orbit."

It 'wears' smaller than its actual 40mm size, thanks to a wide bezel and the way the minute chapter ring frames the movement. It draws the eye to the center and makes the overall watch less imposing.

One real negative: very cheap strap. I will replace that.

Still, for the price, it's a nice watch.

EDIT: when you compare this picture to the catalog picture a few posts above you'll see that the Bulova name on the crystal is much more discreet. They did a good job with this design.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by HamiltonElectric; June 21st, 2014 at 01:25.
    Docrwm, mleok, brandon\ and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    I like the Spaceview homages.

Me too!!!

Well, this is weird: list price is $450. I bought mine on Amazon for $299 postpaid, no tax, and got it in just 3 days. Just now I looked and see there are only 2 sellers offering it on Amazon -- one at $450 plus $5 shipping, the other at $502 plus $18 shipping. On eBay there are only two, both from UK and priced around $440, plus high shipping.

I guess I just got lucky (though I'm sure plenty of people will be discounting these soon).

Quote Originally Posted by HamiltonElectric View Post
    Well, this is weird: list price is $450. I bought mine on Amazon for $299 postpaid, no tax, and got it in just 3 days. Just now I looked and see there are only 2 sellers offering it on Amazon -- one at $450 plus $5 shipping, the other at $502 plus $18 shipping. On eBay there are only two, both from UK and priced around $440, plus high shipping.

I guess I just got lucky (though I'm sure plenty of people will be discounting these soon).
    That's a good price. I guess I'll have to wait a bit until they become more readily available on the grey market,

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Ming 17.06; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread Information