Bulova Royal Oak Lug Pins/Screws

Thread: Bulova Royal Oak Lug Pins/Screws

Bulova Royal Oak Lug Pins/Screws

I recently bought a used Bulova Royal Oak from a popular online auction site...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bulova RO 5.JPG 
Views:	374 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	1609222

For its age, it's in pretty good nick. The metal isn't as scratched as it looked on the listing and I'm going to be replacing the crystal which is pretty bashed up, but there is one thing I wasn't aware of until I got it on the bench and had a good look.

The bracelet strap is attached to the case by two threaded pins that go in the side of the drilled lugs and engage with the rectangular links in the strap:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bulova RO 2.JPG 
Views:	348 
Size:	191.6 KB 
ID:	1609229

As it turns out, one of these pins/screws is missing, two are slightly bent, and the other I can't un-screw as it's too bent to come out of the lug.

My question then, is does anyone know where I can find replacements for these pins? I've tried Googling it a bit to no avail, but one of my problems is that I'm not entirely sure what to call them.

The only other thought I had was that I could use a pin designed for a Panerai style drilled/threaded lug and cut it down to the right length - do you think that would work?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, and apologies if this should really be in the watchmaking/repair forum, but I thought I might get a wider set of responses in the main Public Forum.

DH.

Re: Bulova Royal Oak Lug Pins/Screws

Call or email Bulova in NYC. Last time I called their parts department was reasonably helpful on the phone. Otherwise a parts house like Ofrei might have something that would work. As long as the diameter is right and the heads fit then cutting another pin down should also work.

Bulova
    http://www.ofrei.com/page_202.html
    Last edited by John MS; August 25th, 2014 at 17:34.

Thread Information