Buren Ladies Watch Gold in colour

Thread: Buren Ladies Watch Gold in colour

Buren Ladies Watch Gold in colour

Hi

I'm new to this. Can anyone help identifying the Buren ladies watch. It is has never been worn, in wooden Buren box
    .Name:  buren close up1.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  90.6 KBName:  buren box.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  70.1 KBName:  buren serial no.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  102.8 KBName:  buren main image.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  84.7 KBName:  buren thin.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  79.3 KBName:  buren wrapped strap.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  64.0 KB

Regards Suretime

Re: Buren Ladies Watch Gold in colour

Buren was sold to Hamilton Watch in the 1960's and produced watches until the 1970's. At the time Buren was known for their high quality micro rotor automatic watches and the movement was also used by Hamilton. I can't find anything on who owns the brand now. It is in good company with several other previously defunct brands that are once again producing watches. Your watch appears to be a gold plated dress watch from the late 1980's to the late 1990's and probably uses a quartz movement. If the battery hasn't leaked have the battery and case seal changed and it should run just fine. Welcome to WUS!

Buren was sold to Hamilton Watch in the 1960's and produced watches until the 1970's. At the time Buren was known for their high quality micro rotor automatic watches and the movement was also used by Hamilton. I can't find anything on who owns the brand now. It is in good company with several other previously defunct brands that are once again producing watches. Your watch appears to be a gold plated dress watch from the late 1980's to the late 1990's and probably uses a quartz movement. If the battery hasn't leaked have the battery and case seal changed and it should run just fine.
    Nice.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanx for the info. Is there anywhere that I could get more information? It has just received a new battery and runs very well. Is there anybody out there that could give me a value?

Not here. We never do valuations in this forum.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

I'm assuming the case and bracelet are gold plate as I could not see a karat or % marking. So no melt down value. Your best source for value would be closed Ebay auctions for comparable vintage ladies quartz watches. To be honest there is not much watch collector interest in ladies quartz watches and I suspect you will have plenty of competition on Ebay. People who collect vintage ladies jewelry might have an interest given it's condition. Once you establish a value Ebay and Craigslist are two possible sales venues.

Thread Information