BUT...it's really not that much AFTER I sell this...
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: BUT...it's really not that much AFTER I sell this...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BUT...it's really not that much AFTER I sell this...

How many of us justify a new purchase by saying something like that to yourself?

You see a great sale, and think "Well it is really only $XXX.XX out of pocket AFTER I sell X, Y, or Z"

Then of course that $XXX.XX gets a little bigger as time goes on...you lower your price faster then normal, after all you HAVE to refill the bank account/pay the credit card/replenish the watch fund before the wife finds out/or the bill is due/or to make yourself feel better. Then you have PP fee's, shipping fee's.

I stopped buying for myself a few months ago. I have gone so far as to stop buying watches to flip for nearly a month! (that's a big deal!) I have been Down to 2 personal watches for months. My trusty GShock Aviator, and my Hamilton Jazzmaster. Perfectly content. Then along comes an awesome sale on a beautiful Hamilton automatic chronograph...My "mini grail" truth be told. I should have walked away....But....I didn't.

It is a never ending cycle.

Sigh....See you in the sales forum....
    lovebandit, Graham3 and adi4 like this.
    Time is relative.

Re: BUT...it's really not that much AFTER I sell this...

Yep

I have way too many things to sell unfortunately.

My new strategy is to have fixed number of watches. If I want a new one I need to let go of another one which ensures I really want the new one. Of course, this just makes your point. But at least I am no longer selling stuff from other hobbies to fund my watch hobby.

In that boat as I write this. Got one watch up in the sales forum, while I wear the one that was SUPPOSED to be bought with the funds from the sale. It was too good of a deal to pass up you see…
    Graham3 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You are so right. It's a never ending cycle and when we think contentment has finally settled on our wrists, along comes something. Something new, shiny and utterly irresistible. I wanted a dive watch and had to get a UTS. In order to do so, I decided I had to sell two watches to fund one. I actually came out $100 in the positive, but down a watch, which really isn't a bad thing. But I'm already eyeing my next conquest and so it will be. I recently said that if something new is to come, something has to go, but what do I do when I really like what's in my collection? We're watch lovers and watch lovers buy watches. At least we're not doing anything harmful or illegal or god forbid, taking food out of the mouths of those who depend on us. So yes, see you in the sales forum soon!
    Last edited by RBrylawski; June 21st, 2014 at 03:34.
    Dave0944 and bu11itt like this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

Quote Originally Posted by dalto View Post
    Yep
    But at least I am no longer selling stuff from other hobbies to fund my watch hobby.
    Ha, just sold most of my cameras and lenses for this one.

RBrylawski likes this.

Oh, my logic is much simpler: "I should get it now 'cause prices will only be going up, right? " . . . .
    RBrylawski and Graham3 like this.
    A.Lange & Sohne *anOrdain * Audemars Piguet * Blancpain * Cartier * Dornblueth & Sohne * Invicta * Jaeger-LeCoultre * Méraud * Rolex * Revolution Watch Company * Tiffany & Company * Tudor

"the deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    Oh, my logic is much simpler: "I should get it now 'cause prices will only be going up, right? " . . . .
    Because we are, after all, masters of rationalization/justification, right?!
    drhr likes this.
    I am no longer active on WUS. If you would like to contact me, please feel free to email me: rbrylaw fifty five at yahoo

OP, didn't I just see a post from you in the sales forum?!? I don't know what you are talking about.

BTW I would love to make you an offer on the Hammy View, but I am trying to sell one to pay for the one that wouldn't cost me more than 2 bills AFTER I sell the one posted in the sales forum except I already bought the one that my wife said "ohhh that's nice, is it new?" now that the CC bill for the summer vacation that I bought the watch for is due at the end of the month, which WON'T be a problem after I re-fund the PP account with the sale of the watch that everybody wants but cannot pay for because they are waiting for a sale to go through. Whew!

I have no clue what you are talking about my friend. (looks at the watchbox thinking "hmmm, I don't wear you much...I think I still have the box and papers"...)

G
    Last edited by Graham3; June 21st, 2014 at 05:38.
    RBrylawski likes this.
    “There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.” - Bill Watterson, author of "Calvin and Hobbes"

Quote Originally Posted by Tseg View Post
    Ha, just sold most of my cameras and lenses for this one.

You must have kept one of the good cameras friend because that is a gorgeous pic. Well done.

G
    “There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.” - Bill Watterson, author of "Calvin and Hobbes"

Quote Originally Posted by Graham3 View Post
    OP, didn't I just see a post from you in the sales forum?!? I don't know what you are talking about.

BTW I would love to make you an offer on the Hammy View, but I am trying to sell one to pay for the one that wouldn't cost me more than 2 bills AFTER I sell the one posted in the sales forum except I already bought the one that my wife said "ohhh that's nice, is it new?" now that the CC bill for the summer vacation that I bought the watch for is due at the end of the month, which WON'T be a problem after I re-fund the PP account with the sale of the watch that everybody wants but cannot pay for because they are waiting for a sale to go through. Whew!

I have no clue what you are talking about my friend. (looks at the watchbox thinking "hmmm, I don't wear you much...I think I still have the box and papers"...)

G

Birds of a feather....
    Time is relative.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information