Buyer Beware Gerlach
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Buyer Beware Gerlach

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buyer Beware Gerlach

These people never sent me a case I ordered in December and never acknowledged or returned a watch I sent them for repair. They told me to put "low value" on the customs slip shipping to Poland.

They have ignored me and not answered emails for seven months. Not to mention the huge problems I had with the lying about watches that were not actually in stock and arrived a month late for Christmas. Stupid me for doing business with a company like that. Don't you be stupid too. I email them every month. They ignore me every month.

Re: Buyer Beware Gerlach

What did they say when you picked up the phone and called?

Edit: just to clarify, I’m curious if you’ve discussed all these issues at length with them over the phone? I mean, so many things can go wrong when trying to resolve disputes via email...I might send one, but if that doesn’t square things away my next move is to pick up the phone. Seven emails over seven months with no response sounds to me like you’re punishing yourself. There’s absolutely no reason to think the second or third was gonna generate a different outcome.....let alone the seventh. Call them. If they don’t answer, use a different email address/name and ask them to call you to discuss a large order you’re considering placing. Ask for wiring instructions, or the marketing department or sales...just change the approach until you’re able to get through to someone. And if all of that continues to fail....cut bait and pack it up. It sucks, sure...but you’re gonna end up driving yourself crazy. There comes a time when you just gotta sever ties and move on. I think that time is upon you.
    Last edited by Zeroedout; 5 Days Ago at 14:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroedout View Post
    Dzień dobry, probably.

TimothyO, sad to hear about your trouble with them. I never dealt with them, or rather, I entered a contest once to win a G. Gerlach Navigator, and they promissed a 10% discount voucher simply for participating, but I never received that voucher. I wasn't really that much interested in it either, so no big deal and I didn't bother, but it's just one of those small things where you see if brands have their processes in order or not. So I'm not overly surprised to hear about your experience. But I did think they would treat actual customers correctly.

I hope it turns out good for you in the end.
    Zeroedout, MrCairo and Synequano like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

So are these Gerlach warnings from this poster going to be like a quarterly thing now? This is now like the 4th or 5th complaint thread since December on the same issue with nothing new added.
    Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts

Let the man advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Trojanbybirth View Post
    Let the man advocate.
    Any reason why? This is, in fact, about the 6th thread the OP has started here on the same issue. How many times can you beat a dead horse before you realize it's not going to get up and trot off?

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Any reason why? This is, in fact, about the 6th thread the OP has started here on the same issue. How many times can you beat a dead horse before you realize it's not going to get up and trot off?
    I think the horse is being beaten out of frustration and anger. I do not think he expects any trotting.
    Nokie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nello View Post
    I think the horse is being beaten out of frustration and anger. I do not think he expects any trotting.
    Gee, thanks, that was helpful--my point, more simply put, is how many times can you repeat the same frustration before you realize that nothing is going to change?

Quote Originally Posted by timefleas View Post
    Gee, thanks, that was helpful--my point, more simply put, is how many times can you repeat the same frustration before you realize that nothing is going to change?
    Just put the guy on ignore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroedout View Post

Edit: just to clarify, I’m curious if you’ve discussed all these issues at length with them over the phone? I mean, so many things can go wrong when trying to resolve disputes via email...I might send one, but if that doesn’t square things away my next move is to pick up the phone. Seven emails over seven months with no response sounds to me like you’re punishing yourself. There’s absolutely no reason to think the second or third was gonna generate a different outcome.....let alone the seventh. Call them. If they don’t answer, use a different email address/name and ask them to call you to discuss a large order you’re considering placing. Ask for wiring instructions, or the marketing department or sales...just change the approach until you’re able to get through to someone. And if all of that continues to fail....cut bait and pack it up. It sucks, sure...but you’re gonna end up driving yourself crazy. There comes a time when you just gotta sever ties and move on. I think that time is upon you.
    ^This

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information