Buyer References
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Buyer References

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buyer References

As a seller and buyer I always ask for references either way if I can't find any info on a user. There are plenty of shady things buyers can do as well and I see no reason why it shouldn't go both ways. I provide tons if references there's nothing wrong with asking. I have never had a problem except just now a buyer got offended when I asked because they had never heard of it and it was too much of an inconvenience. Just wondering what the consensus is am I in the wrong? Like I said I have had tons of smooth transactions and there's a reason eBay has buyer ratings and people leave references on here for buyers too. I think it makes this guy look shady.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Re: Buyer References

I agree with you. It's just proper buying/selling etiquette. I'd probably move on and find another buyer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ebay is a decent reference but, I always preferred other references outside ebay. This because if one is just a buyer on ebay the ratings doesn't mean much vs being a seller.
    -Are we having fun yet?
    https://audiolesswpg.blogspot.com/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Born in South Korea - Canadian citizen - Living in Philly Suburb

If it makes you uncomfortable, just walk away.

References are vital in conducting any business especially P2P business.
    Chronic flipper...

That is why I sell my watches on eBay. 17 years no problems. In the last month I've seen numerous screwing happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Th!nkEr View Post
    I agree with you. It's just proper buying/selling etiquette. I'd probably move on and find another buyer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I should've clarified, they went from asking for my paypal to walking away after I asked for any reference. Rediculous.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was always taught, growing up that the old adage "buyer beware" was the only issue, I'm 63. Nowadays it is not uncommon to buy and sell internationally, apparently things have changed. In the current market place of "the world " I can see the disappearance of both the local seller and buyer, as only a bad state of being, especially when natural disaster is in the equation, food used to be grown locally clothing almost locally, even energy was for all practical purposes local. Most of this has changed, and not necessarily for the better, sorry for the rant. Apologies to all offended.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Moderator Public Forum soaking.fused's Avatar

There are other fish in the Sea, OP!

As both a buyer and a seller, both can set their own terms, and follow their own guidelines. That said, as a seller I am fairly tolerant of newbies and folks who have little or no buying experience--I stand by what I sell, and if someone comes up with the cash, I usually will accept it--I don't impose any real restrictions on buyers, but will terminate negotiations if something seems amiss (they're paying from one address, they want it sent to another, they want to pay half now, half later, they want a 3 day inspection...). As a buyer, I am much more concerned about the seller's ratings, reputation, references and so forth, and without any, will not pursue the watch any further, no matter how great a deal it appears.
    Last edited by timefleas; November 22nd, 2017 at 11:55.

It's ok. There is no reason for the buyer to have the same priorities as you.

I have given away a few watches rather than go through the effort of sending multiple photos, answering various questions about timekeeping and accuracy (of a $100-150 watch), etc. I have refused some audio gear to sell to a buyer who was being too difficult. Similarly, depending on what i was trying to buy, if i felt it was going to be too much work, I'd probably walk away from the sale as well.
    fish70 likes this.
    Core: ALS 1815 Up/Down, AP RO, Breguet Marine, Blancpain FF MilSpec, JLC Master Geo, GO Panomatic, Rolex BLRO, Panerai 688, Rolex Exp2 polar, Cartier Santos XL ADLC, Zenith El Primero tricolor, [Empty Slot]
    Secondary: Oris Brashear chrono, Oris 65/42 green, Oris 65/40mm, Oris 65 bronze, Rado Capt Cook LE, Seiko Prospex Padi, Doxa 1200T Pro
    Others
    :Tissot T-Touch Expert, Swatch S51, Seagull 1963, Sturmanskie Yuri Gagarin, Fortis Marine Master, G-Shock GMW-B500
    FS: Seiko Orange Monster Gen2, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard, Squale Milsub
    Gone: Tudor Chrono Heritage, Hamilton Khaki Field, B&R03-92, Seiko SKX007, Orient Sun&Moon, Seagull M172S, Rado Vintage Diver, Hamilton Pan Europ, Orient Mako, Meistersinger Pangaea, IWC Aquatimer, PAM 24, JR Aquascope, Tudor BB Black, Longines Legend Diver, PAM 241, Bernhardt Anchor3, WUS GMT watch, Damasko DB2, Helson Shark Diver, Seiko 5, Ventus Mori Brass, Glycine Airman, Eterna Kon-Tiki, Zelos Gallant, Sinn 103 A sa B, Oris 65/42 blue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information