Buyer/Seller Courtesy??

Thread: Buyer/Seller Courtesy??

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    The Subliminal Orifice of Underlying World

Buyer/Seller Courtesy??

So, here is a quick story, maybe I’m a little old fashioned, but oh well…
    Recently I have contacted a member on one of the watch forums in regards to a watch for sale. I have send him an e-mail with the offer, to which the seller replied that he has someone interested that is willing to pay him what’s his asking, but will keep me updated if the buyer bails. I said, ok, no problem. Few hours later, I got an e-mail with the counteroffer to which I said yes and asked few more questions. Then I got an e-mail with the answer to my questions, and there was a phrase included in the e-mail
    “I am just waiting for one response to some one who contacted me before you (its only fair) and if he says no its yours!”
    Is it me, or is there something wrong with this statement. I don’t know, but I felt like going to the car dealer, agreeing on the sale price, and the the car dealer tels me: “I’m just waiting for this other guy, if he does not buy the car then it is yours”
    What is the point talking money and sending counteroffer which the buyer accepts to only later make such statement.
    I don’t know, sometimes you get surprized.
    There are only two kinds of people in the world, the ones that own Sinn U1, U1W, U2, UX, U212 and U-Unlimited, and ones that don’t.

I am the ruler of the attunement to my inner self.

Re: Buyer/Seller Courtesy??

Some people aren't very courteous when it comes to selling. He is obviously trying to get the highest price possible, which is only natural. However, he should not keep you on the hook like that.
    Good Luck

Banned

Agreed price=deal done. No matter if somebody offers more. Yes, that is the "oldfashioned", in my eyes, only way!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

fry

You have to admire the ballsy reply "it's only fair" while in actuality keeping you on the hook. Come on, it's only fair that the Seller gets the best price possible at the inconvenience of potential buyers.

Banned

You could do the same in return. Agree to a new, higher price and then keep him waiting. and back out of the deal

The Subliminal Orifice of Underlying World

OK, so I'm not the only one For a second, I though that I'm loosing it.
    As they say, what will not kill you, will make you stronger, and in this case, acquiring another watch might actually be deadly (married life )
    There are only two kinds of people in the world, the ones that own Sinn U1, U1W, U2, UX, U212 and U-Unlimited, and ones that don’t.

I am the ruler of the attunement to my inner self.

Moderator: F72 and F71 AlbertaTime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polishammer View Post
    I have send him an e-mail with the offer, to which the seller replied that he has someone interested that is willing to pay him what’s his asking, but will keep me updated if the buyer bails. I said, ok, no problem. Few hours later, I got an e-mail with the counteroffer to which I said yes and asked few more questions. Then I got an e-mail with the answer to my questions, and there was a phrase included in the e-mail
    “I am just waiting for one response to some one who contacted me before you (its only fair) and if he says no its yours!”
    Is it me, or is there something wrong with this statement.
    Maybe the fella got the higher potential offer while you were asking questions. I'm not sure I'd consider a deal as "done" while the purchaser was still asking questions.

I wouldn't jump to a conclusion the fella was being dishonest or dishonorable in any way. It's seems very possible it just turned awkward for both of you while things were still kinda up in the air.
    Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River (AMCH/PR) 中国手表博物馆,皮斯里弗,艾伯塔省; Member: China Horologe Association; Chief Expert: China Watch Overseas Working Committee (CWOWC), a formally instituted CHA Working Committee; Sino-Canadian Horological Cultural Affairs Advisor: Guangzhou Watches and Clocks Association

far as i know, its not a done deal until the payment is received or sent to buyer, this case the seller was still looking for better offer on his watch and was not fully committed...

i always just move onto next deals, never get married to watch in one particular brands.

I think if the seller said you would be contacted when the watch was available, and in fact contacted you again before the watch was actually available to keep you on the hook, it sounds to me that interest in the watch might not be as high as the seller is claiming.

In the end, getting the best deal is not as important as getting a safe deal. When selling, I prefer to deal with people who reply to messages quickly - I had a few situations where I had to wait a day or two between replies, and after a week of email exchanges the buyer backed out. That was a waste of time.
    Lots of dive watches.

i just got done with a trade deal that was concluded and we were going to send each other the watches after the weekend. i (after we already made the deal) asked if it came with a box & papers, and what was the overall condition of the watch (stupid of me i was excited and forgot to ask) but i made it clear were still had a deal regardless. he flipped out on me and filled my inbox with hatemail, stating my questions were "idiotic" and "not worth answering".

some members are watch crazy, others are just crazy.

if someone left me on the hook like that, id back out. its hard enough spending money on another watch in this economy, so if you finially decide to give someone your hard earned bucks, you should expect respect.

guess im old school too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information