Buying 10k+ watches
Like Tree145Likes

Thread: Buying 10k+ watches

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Banned

Buying 10k+ watches

How can loads of people here afford this? Are there a lot of upper-middle class and upper class users here or something, surely anywhere below that 10k is a huge chunk out of your bank?

Re: Buying 10k+ watches

No kidding. I see tons of people on here flaunting watches I couldn't even touch. My highest end watch is a Seiko auto that costs me 110

I'll third that question. Either I'm in the wrong line of business, or this forum if full of people far better off than I. Feel free to throw a little watch-wellfare my way if you want

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As has been discussed on other threads before; some save, some have money and some are WIS.
    John MS and asadtiger like this.

Quote Originally Posted by seiko2837 View Post
    How can loads of people here afford this?
    Priorities for some. I know I am more willing to spend more on watches than cars. I drive a 15yo Jeep Cherokee that's worth less than my GMT IIc.

Well to afford a 10K+ watch, you'd either have lots of disposable income, or a genuine passion for watches, or both... Some people like to spend their money on different interests and hobbies. For example, I have about 20,000 into my off road toy that I don't use very often yet I still enjoy building it. For some, spending a large sum of their money might go to things like traveling, motorcycles, project cars, etc. Others might not be interested in hobbies like that and prefer to put their money towards high end watches. What does it matter where someone spends their money on, as long as they're happy? Interests vary person to person and while there are definitely high rollers here, I'm willing to bet that a lot with 10K+ watches who are middle class.

I'm 26 and am lucky to have a great career and fairly high paying job. I've just recently got into this hobby but I don't love it enough to spend more than a $1000 on a watch (yet).
    It's all about personal preferences and priorities!
    BarracksSi, drhr, d3nzi0 and 2 others like this.

How can loads of people here afford this?
    Because... wealthy people exist?

But it's not even that -- it's how you spend your money. How much does it cost to raise a kid? If you have two kids, and someone else out there has only one, that's probably thirty $10k watches they could buy over the next 20 years, if they wanted. A $10k watch costs much less than a house. It usually costs less than a car. Are you amazed that so many people can afford children? That so many people can afford cars?

I am not wealthy, but I probably spend £5k a year on booze. I could reallocate said funds on watches. I don't run a car and I don't have kids. Obviously there are people considerably richer and poorer than but yeah - that's me.
    TimelessFan, drhr and incontrol like this.

I got a few buddies who ask how I afford my watches. Then I ask how do you afford your jet ski and motorcycle. You want something or have a passion for something... If your in a comfortable financial situation you will find a way to buy what you want within your means.

You also have your professional flipper/seller that can take a couple of smaller watches and over the course of weeks/months/years trade up/sell and buy higher/ etc. I have taken $10.00 watches bought at Estate sales, a little cleaning or new battery and made $100.00. I have purchased watches on Ebay in "Lots". Example, I bought a "lot" of 25 watches for $50.00 Based on the the pics I saw I knew that if just 3 or 4 of them could get cleaned up, and running by the time I resold I would make triple...in that case I got 10 of them working and cleaned up. Ended up making $300.00. Took lots of hours. But hey, it was for that Holy Grail that I was after.

I have since decided that their is more to life...like good booze.
    signalfillsthevoid likes this.
    Time is relative.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread Information