Buying advice
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Buying advice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buying advice

Hello.
    I need some advice regarding the quality of this watch (or just about this brand in general, if anyone have something from them):
    10600 Nestor steel black leather

My knowledge of watches is more than limited; in fact I'm looking to buy my first. That's why I'd like some advice on this. I like the watch, and I can get it for around 200€. Most places, including the brand's website, put it's price closer to 1500. Now, I certainly don't believe it's worth anything near that and therefore I am getting the deal of a lifetime, I'm only asking about how it looks like to someone who knows a lot more about watches. Is that "Swiss-made" label trustworthy? Would I be getting a decent quality item?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Buying advice

Never heard of them personally, but sure someone on here will have.

My take on small brands is do a lot of research and thinking first, including getting wrist time with them and comparing the look/feel to other brands in your price point.

Good luck.
    " I am easily impressed by the best" - Winston Churchill.

"One cannot but admire the cold-bravery and enterprise of these Italians"
    Admiral Cunningham, referring to the frogmen of the M.A.S in WW2.

Well, it has 4 "decent" diamonds AND an "authentic" leather strap.
    Still ... PASS.
    chuasam and Quartersawn like this.
    Over a half century of "just the right amount of odd."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I wouldn't touch it. There are small brands that do a good job of delivering quality, then there are small brands that do a good job of emulating expensive brands with no attention to build quality or good material/parts. I suspect this one is the latter. A watch of this price point has no business adding diamonds etc... while not even mentioning what "swiss" movement is in it?

EDIT: thought this was an automatic sorry, if it's a quartz it doesn't much matter honestly. If it is a decent quartz it'll likely tick for a good while if the case is actually sealed and everything is assembled properly. But for the money you could get a nice seiko auto that would be much more enjoyable IMO
    Last edited by inhaus; January 28th, 2015 at 16:37.

Troll thread? If not, Chrono Diamond is another Invicta in the making. The brand is too new for anyone to say anything about long-term quality, but the combination of high pricing, pedestrian design, and *limited editions for quartz* watches looks like a blatant rip-off for watch noobs. That MSRP for quartz, and it's not solar/kinetic/radio-controlled/GPS? Puts "Swiss made" label to shame. If you like the design and could get it for dirt-cheap price, nothing wrong with that, but don't expect to get anything more special than any other $200 quartz watch.
    Last edited by rdoder; January 28th, 2015 at 16:53.
    Time Check likes this.

SWISS??? Very doubtful, stay away, you can find better ways /watches to waste your money on.....IMHO
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

Not trolling, no. More or less what I was thinking, anyway. The "swiss made" label gave me pause, suspiciously so, but I wanted a more informed opinion. Thanks for taking the time.
    rdoder likes this.

Adventure is calling

Dark and mysterious, at the same time significantly masculine -- this is Nestor, the wrist watch for the adventure. Whether in the Amazon, high above the clouds or in the desert, Nestor is a faithful companion in all life situations. 4 decent diamonds relate robustness and elegance. The black structured strap in authentic leather gives style to the case with a diameter of 41 mm. Further silver details on the dial confer it a clearness of display. The watch Nestor is limited to 3,000 pieces.

I don't think diamonds on a dial (decent or not) are masculine or relate robustness. Maybe elegance. But who wants an elegant chrono w/ diamonds?

Modell-No.: 10600

• Stainless steel case gilded
    • Leather wristlet
    • Quarz caliber swiss made
    • Hardened mineral glass
    • 4 diamonds at clock face
    • Zirconia at clock face
    • Date
    • Chronograph
    • Case diameter 41 mm
    • Height 12 mm
    • Band width 20 mm
    • 5 ATM water resistant
    • Limited numbered edition 3000 pieces
    • Weight 78g with wristlet
    • Recommended retail price 1.550 € / 1.940 CHF

Mineral glass? I'd pass on that alone for over 100 bucks/pounds.

Of concern also is if they cannot hire a competant proof reader then what is their quality control like?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thought about it for a bit - for a paltry £17 more you can get this;

Well known, Swiss company with a considerable history. Watch is one of their more popular models with many reviews and thousand of happy owners. No crappy diamonds, no dumb looking "CHRONO" stamped on the bezel in 2 places. Inside that bezel is a proper sapphire crystal. A proper tachymetre (which is one reason some people by a chrono). More than "decent quality". It has 200 meters water resistance - the brand x model has only 50 meters, and the Tissot has a screw down crown - the Nestor doesn't. The PRC200 has a little lume - now there is some 'sparkle' you can use!, of course the Chronodiamond doesn't.The Tissot does have a deployant clasp versus ...well, you know by now.
    Last edited by Donf; January 28th, 2015 at 19:39.
    Time Check likes this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What kind of watch would have both diamonds and mineral glass? That just screams "trap for unaware watch-buyer."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information