Buying an Alain Silberstein from Russia? ( Lombard Perspectiva )
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Buying an Alain Silberstein from Russia? ( Lombard Perspectiva )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Buying an Alain Silberstein from Russia? ( Lombard Perspectiva )

I'm looking at purchasing this watch:

http://lombard-perspectiva.ru/kupit_..._TMA1-001.html

I have emailed them and awaiting a response but just seeing I anyone has dealt with them before? It would need to be shipped to Australia. Alternatively, if there are any reputable buying agents or even forum members close by I'd be happy to discuss commission.

Cheers,

Peds

Re: Buying an Alain Silberstein from Russia? ( Lombard Perspectiva )

1. do you speak/read/write Russian?
    2. hopefully it wont happen, but if there's something wrong with the watch, how comfortable are you with sending the watch back to them?
    I have nothing against Russian or Russia, this is not a knock against them, but against their custom practice where they open literally every package and it's been known a few items do go missing from time to time.
    Nokie likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have nothing against Russian or Russia, this is not a knock against them, but against their custom practice where they open literally every package and it's been known a few items do go missing from time to time.
    Agree, from first hand experience.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Old Russian saying....A Fool and his money is quick to part.
    If (notice Bold IF)they were to rip you off...How would you go about getting your money back...
    Hammondo likes this.
    Any watches posted may be seen as gifts,borrowed or found property and not as personal property of Little Big Feather.

...and in any case we speak of 13.500$...a not inconsiderable sum of money

Dear Peds.

I am also looking to purchasing a watch (hublot) watch from lombrad-perspectiva.ru

But I get no respons.

Did you buy the watch? How was the experience?

Best regards
    Erling
    Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by edyrmose View Post
    Dear Peds.

I am also looking to purchasing a watch (hublot) watch from lombrad-perspectiva.ru

But I get no respons.

Did you buy the watch? How was the experience?

Best regards
    Erling
    Denmark
    I read on local watch forum and it seems legit (by that i mean that the pawn shop actually exists and operates activelly by buying and selling watches) highly unlikely that you are getting a fake watch, but there might be questions with condition of the watch you are getting as well with the price.

as was mentioned above, not worth to deal with russian custom, in case you might need to send the watch back...

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoloz View Post
    I read on local watch forum and it seems legit (by that i mean that the pawn shop actually exists and operates activelly by buying and selling watches) highly unlikely that you are getting a fake watch, but there might be questions with condition of the watch you are getting as well with the price.

as was mentioned above, not worth to deal with russian custom, in case you might need to send the watch back...
    Hey Nikoloz, what is the name of the local watch forum please? The funny thing about this place is that while they carry a whopping 600+ watches, they never reply to any messages! Although on chrono24 they have a brit and rus flags waving... So they should have English language capability...

Udder, I would never ever buy a watch in Russia and ask them to send it by post. Think about getting over there for a week to breathe in Moscow in summer. Girls are wow, prices are currently lower than they have been in a while (although very recently they were even lower), and you can see the watch in person - this is a must, imho, when you talk second hand watches. Especially that you don't know how and where this watch was used. Not all Russians have money and understand how to treat expensive items they buy.

Buy it somewhere else. Not worth the risk. If you can't get it somewhere else, that is a red flag to me. I bought mine from an AD in Austria over the internet. They ordered it from Alain Silberstein, I had to wait several months to get it. If its a very good deal, I'd probably walk away.
    Last edited by Gary123; June 29th, 2015 at 06:13.
    Chronographs: Breitling 2 tone Chronomat, Roger Dubuis Easy Diver, DeWitt Academia Sequential, Franck Muller Conquistador, IWC Aquatimer, Hublot Oceanographic 1000, Parmigiani Pershing 45, Royal Oak Offshore Gstaad, Franck Muller Vanguard Carbon, Franck Muller Conquistador, Chopard Mille Miglia, Zenith Defy Aero .. 3 Hand: Angular Momentum diver, Bucherer ScubaTec 2-tone, UN MM Diver 2-tone, Omega Ploprof, Ball Hunley, Omega SM 300 Master Co-Ax 2-tone, Zodiac Super Sea Wolf, Panerai Sub 106, Muhle Glashutte Rasmus blue

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information